Christmas Special

Noel's P.O.V

"Ugh, do we have to make cookies for Santa? It's bad enough you got me wearing this hideous sweater"

I frown and only receive a lopsided grin from Leo leaning across the counter

"That's the whole point of the sweater Noel and yes we do. This is the one day Santa will cheat his dietary plan"

"What? Wait a minute, you till believe in Santa? Wow, this is comical!"

"Yeah, that's because Santa's real, I've met him on occasion as a matter of fact. He used to date my grandma"

By then I'm rolling in tear and my stomach hurts from laughing so hard. I glance at Leo who only smiles and rolls his eyes moving to check on the cookies.

"Well I assume Santa was very pleased with you when you were younger? I bet you were a little golden boy with blonde hair and those big green eyes waiting in line with everyone else to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what you oh-so longed for Christmas" I mock.

"Ha-ha-ha very funny. Let me guess, naughty list? Never got to sit on Santa's lap?"

"Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!" I exclaim and dip my finger in the frosting.

"Hm, maybe I should take a walk on the wild side this Christmas?"

My eyebrows shoot up and walk over to Leo caging him against the counter with both my arms on either side.

"Maybe. It looks like Santa's not the only one eating cookies tonight" I smile. Leo grins back and kisses my lips gently. He grips my thighs and hauls me up making me squeal.

"What are doing?" I laugh.

He sits down in a big brown leather recliner and places me on his lap.

"Tell me what you want for Christmas"

"Isn't it a bit late for last minute Christmas shopping?"

"You never got to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what you want. So I thought why not try it with me"

I smile as I feel my body temperature rise slightly and my heart melt. Why does he have to be so corny and perfect? I wrap my arms around his neck and think.

"When I was 14 I wanted this limited edition black leather jacket from London Punk scene. I was never really into punk, but God did I want that jacket. It had metal zippers and pocket in all the right places and on the back it said 'Holy' in red letters with different colored splattered paint over it. It went perfectly with my red plaid school skirt. The word on the back was just perfect, I knew the nuns would hate it and because of that, I loved it. The only problem was, it was $120 dollars. I asked my foster father for it. I even put up half my savings! All he got me was an ornament that he had picked off the tree last minute because he spent all his money on his prostitute girlfriend"

"Fuck, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's alright, you were just trying to help" I smile up at him.

He smiles at me, but then it got wider.

"Go put some pants on and meet me down here in 5 minutes" he rushes. In a whirlwind, I'm off his lap and standing stunned at how fast he went to his study. What just happened?

"Leo! Are you seriously working right now?! Now I know I'm not a big fan of Christmas but this is a little overboard"

Leo shuffles through papers paying me no mind.

"Leo" My temperature dips immensely and I feel the cold brewing in my veins.

He finds whatever it is he's looking for and holds it up with triumph.

A little brown booklet.

You have got to be kidding me.

Leo walks up to me and grips my face in his large calloused hands.

"Do you trust me?"

I nod.

"Then go put some pants on, grab a heavy coat and some boots and meet down here in 5 minutes"

He roughly kisses me catching me off guard causing my powers to flare up. Dammint, now my lips are gonna be blue. Just as my fingertips grow cold his tongue dips in my mouth and caresses mine. My temperature levels out again and he pulls away.

"Let's get moving my Christmas baby" he exclaims and slaps me on the butt.

I pull on the warmest pair of jeans and the thickest jacket I own with my leather-clad and lace-up boots.

Leo links arms with me and walks us out and into the cold winter night.

"Can you please tell why I'm outside in the, might I add, freezing cold air, at 10:30 at night when I could be snuggled up in my ugly Christmas sweater and watching Home Alone?"

"First, I knew you liked that sweater and second, I can't tell you, it's a surprise"

I roll my eyes as we continue to walk down the wet sidewalk in the cool night air. All the houses were quiet and dark waiting for the arrival of the fat man in the red and white suit. I can't believe Leo still thinks Santa Claus is real. I've always known him to be a man of science, facts and well... magic. Plus, he's a grown ass man. I glance up at his tan determined face as his long dark brown curls bounce ontop his forehead.

He looks so sweet and innocent, like a little boy. Leo's always been cute like that, boyish I mean, but man is he a freak. All I really want for Christmas, as corny as it sounds, is him.

Leo has a heart pure enough to see the worst people in the dark, pull them out, and help them to realize that they can be good too. Corny? I know. I've been spending to much time with Leo.

As I stare at this beautiful man's face something catches my attention on a rooftop. I stop and squit my eyes.

"No. Freaking. Way"

Nine reindeer and a red and gold sleigh.

"Oh there he is"

Leo gentle pulls me to the front of the house as I stumble along stunned. He trots up the red brick steps and knocks on the door twice, once, then twice again. Heavy footsteps can be heard and the click of the lock echoes in the silence of the night. The gold knob is turned and a man in about his late 30's with a dark red suit answers.

"Leo? It's wonderful to see you again son" the man chuckles lightly. He pulls Leo in for a haughty hug then step back straightening his suit. He looks over at me and I pick my jaw up off the floor.

"Noel Mara Kingston, a naughty list legend"

"How-, You know who I am?" I stutter.

He chuckles softly nodding.

"Why of course, you've been on the naughty list since you could walk. Glad to see that you've had a change of heart"

"I- uh- How?" I mumble.

"I was wondering if you have something for Noel. She's never really had a real Christmas"

Santa nods and walks inside the house and shortly after coming back to the door handing me a box.

"Open it"

"Doesn't that break the rules?"

"Eh, you've been breaking rules your whole life. This one time won't hurt."

I pop open the box and the leather jacket that I've always wanted was there.

"Merry Christmas Noel" Santa's voice echos.

I look up and he's gone.

I turn to Leo and smile holding back the burning tears in my eyes. I pull him in for a long slow and heartfelt kiss.

"Merry Christmas Leo"

"Merry Christmas Noel"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merry Christmas all and to all a goodnight!

Sunshine XOXOXOXO