Iv'e Been Expecting You/ Part 2

"So you're the witch of the family"

We all sit around the coffee table while Jay paces back.

"When did you find out" she lifts her pipe inhaling.

"When I found this" I say pulling out the Heart of the Sea.

My grandmother raises her eyebrow.

"Now why would I need this?" I ask.

"I thought my first born child would be the one to practice magic, but it's seemed like I created a demon" she puffs.

"Then your sister came along and I thought 'Surely this is the one', she was overcome by your mother, though that's her fault" she exhales.

"Then you came along, disobedient, strong-willed, free, wild, smart.....you use to do these little drawings when you were younger. I asked you what they were and you looked up at me with those big brown eyes and said 'Monsters' and smiled, I knew it was you."

She knew I was a witch and decided to withhold this information, even when I saw her at the house. Why?

"You can see things, you've always been able to see things"

Her dark brown eyes, like to mine, stared deeply into my soul, her crows feet cringing a bit tighter.

"I passed down my gift to you when you were just a baby, it was originally my great-great-great-great grandmother, the Gypsy of the family, who owned it" she puffs out smoke.

"But you, your different, stronger than me, than our past ancestors"

"Why is all of hell after her?" Don's voice demanding, but respectful.

"Please child, they've been coming after her since she could walk. That is why I placed the protection marking on you with our family crest. When you got to highschool..... With your mother down your throat and the discombobulation that is your sister, you were stressed"

"You knew what I was doing" I state. "The drinking, smoking, pills every now and again, some of mine were missing when you came sometimes. You fell down the rabbit hole and as you did your sight began to fade"

I was a complete and utter pathetic shit fest in high school. I would get my work done, study for tests, but only so I could get it over with early and get to smoking pot. So I could go out, get drunk and dance the night away only to come back home crashing into the tile floor in my bathroom almost breaking my kneecaps bending over to throw up the unremembered good times.

"Then you came to me one day. Your face was so disappointing, you were disappointed, ashamed to look me in the eye. It took you a while but you got yourself together and came to me with your sketchbook. Next thing I know you're off to college"

"Still doesn't explain why they're after her" Jay speaks.

"Well Jacob, if you'd stop pacing you could hear over your obnoxious footsteps" her snide eyes nailing him in his spot.

"When I was around your age before your I married your grandfather, I met a man. You see it wasn't until 3 years ago that the law of interracial beginnings was no longer and everyone could be together. Of course, there were people who disobeyed and got together, but they were either killed or sent away. Trolls couldn't be with elves, a familiar could not be with a vampire. No one wanted one to be more powerful than the other so therefore the law was set in stone for millions of years. Many people rallied against it, including me" she puffs.

"Because you were in love with someone who wasn't like you" Leo fills in.

She nodded slowly as a shade of sadness toke over her eyes. "He was an angel, Cory was his name, he was the most handsome, delicate, strong-willed man I had ever seen"