Enemies?

In the dining room, earlier, Keith's POV

I catch up with Shiro at the door to the dining room. "Why did you take so long?" He asks me. I sigh, I don't want to talk about it, so I keep quiet. "You went past the rooms, didn't you. Why, you know that's the longer way."

I sigh and go in. Instantly the delicious aroma of Hunk's cooking hit me. I sit at the table as the food is laid out. "It looks great today!" Says Lance, sitting at the other end of the table.

"Tuck in everyone! It is from some new herbs. I made dessert too!" Hunk announces, taking his place and smiling at us all. The food does look good, but after bumping into Skaye, I don't have much of an appetite.

"Hey, where's Nightshade?" Pidge asks. Hunk sighs. "She went to bed early. I think she was uncomfortable."

Well she did look that way in the corridor, maybe she was a bit upset from what I said. Oh well, I'll talk to her tomorrow.

The next morning, Skaye's room

I get woken up abruptly by a huge thud in the corridor. I change my clothes while thinking about what happened yesterday. I wonder what'll happen today, whether anyone will talk to me.

I go to the door and look for what made the crash. I see a lot of water coming from a room I don't know. I guess it's water supplies or a pool maybe? I see a dazed Lance against the wall, soaked. I snicker and go over to him. "What happened?" I ask. He gets up. "How'd you get through the water? I just put one foot down out of my room and slid straight into this wall" he tells me. I show him my technique. "Oh, you shuffle through the water. That makes sense."

He shuffles to his room and falls over again, through his door. I laugh and walk on the dryer side to the main control room.

In the control room

"Coran, can you fix the pool please. It's leaking. Quite badly." I hear Allura say as I get to the door. "Sure Princess. I'll fix it soon" comes the reply. As a disorganized Coran comes through the door carrying boxes of sorts, I slip inside.

Keith is the first on to notice me. I block him out and sit in the seat I was given yesterday. Pidge comes over to me. "So, I don't think you're regretting  joining our team, are you?" She says to me. I shake my head. "Keith's the only problem" I say. She laughs and walks out of the room.

Keith comes over after. "Are you ok? Yesterday I-" I cut him off.
"Look I'm fine. And yesterday was... Eventful. Are you ok?" I ask him. He looks taken aback by my question. "Uh yeah... I'm fine. Wanna spar on the training deck?" I look at him, considering my options. "That was an abrupt question." I say, thinking about it. "Hand to hand or weapons?"

He shrugs. "Whichever. You coming or not?" I nod. I have nothing better to do today. I could do with a little training anyway. "I'll meet you there" he says, heading out.

I walk out shortly after. Pidge greets me outside my room. "What're you doing today?" She asks me.
"Apparently fighting Keith" I sigh, "I'm gonna grab some stuff then head up there."

She nods. "I think I'll watch." She walks off and I go into my room. I get into some lighter clothes, a t-shirt and leggings instead of jeans and a jacket. All the clothes I have are purple. It matches my armour and at a guess, my lion too. Unsure of whether to tie up my long black hair, I slip a hair tie on my arm. I head off to the training deck.

On the training deck, Skaye's POV

I get to the room they call a training deck. It's large, with a sandy floor and weaponry on one side. I find Pidge sitting at the edge of the room, typing away on her computer. She doesn't notice me.

I see Keith's jacket on the floor, splayed out like it was thrown. A door opens to the side quite suddenly, and Keith walks in, still wearing his gloves. Is that cheating? I don't know. He looks up and notices me. "Hey" he says, throwing me a water bottle, "you'll need this."

I catch it, barely. I instantly drop it as the chill of iced water spreads through my fingers. As I pick it up, I hear Pidge laughing as quietly as she can. I turn around and look at her. "Seriously?" I mouth to her.

"So when are we going to start? We're doing hand to hand combat." Keith says, throwing his gloves on his jacket. "Whenever you're ready" I tease. He glares at me as I come further into the room.

He comes in further too, readying himself in a defensive position. I can't believe I agreed to this.

The training room, Keith's POV

Why did I ask her to do this? If she wins, she won't let me forget it. She also goes into a defensive position, similar to mine. It's a little sloppy, I reckon she is probably better at offense than defense.

We circle around each other for a while. I haven't got a clue what she's thinking about, but it seems to be making her more confident. She stops and backs off a little, trying to intimidate me I think.

What made her do that? Ugh, why did I even agree to this? Why did I bother asking her?

I stop too, and raise my fists to my face and lunge forward, trying to hit her. She ducks and catches my arm with her hand, pulling it down. I am forced forward.

She kicks me in the side, winding me temporarily. I recover soon after, going in for a kick. She blocks with her forearm, and I lunge forward again with my left fist, followed by my right. She blocks my left, but I manage to land a hit on her left shoulder.

She gasps in shock and grabs my arm, twisting it round. I am forced to kneel, but I have a backup plan. I lean back, bending her wrist. She lets go, and I am freed. As I get up she glares at me, but backs off.

Skaye's POV

How does he fight so well? How long has he been training, and with who?
He looks...bored. Time to spice it up then. I leap forward, and manage to grab his arm. He hits me in the same place as before on my shoulder, I wince and trip him up.

He hits the wall. I smirk and hold him there by his back. "Do I win yet?" I ask,  smirking. He laughs. "As if" comes the reply as he kicks me in the stomach. I fall backwards, winded.

Unable to get up, I try to move away, but my attempts fail as he gets up and puts his foot on my legs, stopping me from wriggling away.

I gasp for breath, still not recovered from his kick. He grabs my arm roughly and pushes me against the wall. "I think I win" he says. I sigh. "Whatever"

He releases me and I turn around. "Are you ok? Sorry if I kicked you too hard."
"I'm fine, are you ok?" I reply.
"Yeah, a bit bruised though." I nod and go over to my water bottle. I slide down the wall and take a sip of the cold water.

Keith sits next to me. "What is the point of our arguing? Can't we just be friends?" He asks. I consider it.
"Sure, whatever" I reply. I look at him and he seems... I don't know, happy maybe?

I look for Pidge. She must've left, I don't see her anywhere. I can't decide if I should stay here or go somewhere. I think I'll stay for a little while.

~~Hey, thanks for putting up with this. As you can probably tell, there is something going on with Skaye. Who do you ship her with so far? She seems compatible with Pidge, Lance or Keith so far. Thanks again!~~ LostFirestar