The Skies Above

Skaye's POV

No matter how many times I urge him to leave, Keith refuses to go faster. "We have two minutes. Hurry up!" I shout, and run ahead. Sentries come around the corner as Keith catches me.

They shoot at us, and I materialise my bayard, so does Keith. He slices at them, and three of the nine are destroyed. I attack two of the others, and destroy them. The other four surround us, and I cloak myself again.

This confuses them as they fire at nothing, and I take out another. Keith destroys two more, and I get rid of the last one. "About thirty seconds" I say, and deactivate my cloak.

He grabs my arm and uses his jetpack to get us out. We reach the entrance, and an explosion of quintessence hit us both. I shield Keith, as his shield soon vanishes. He drags me outside, and I feel like I'm burning up.

"I- I warned you" I cough, and my vision fades to black.

Keith's POV

Skaye passes out behind me, I would guess it's because of the quintessence. Kolivan patches into my comm. "Good work, you secured the planet. We've sorted the rest out, you may go back to your ship" he says.

"Thanks" I reply, and focus on trying to wake Skaye. I lay her down, and go to where the pods should be. I find mine, and look at where it's being covered. I climb up, and get on to the wing.

Skaye's pod becomes visible, and I get in, hoping it's easy enough to fly. I start it up, and go to get Skaye. I pick her up, and take her to the pod. Jumping on it, I lay her down behind the seat.

We fly to the original planet, Zantaxar. "We've got your lions, come abord" Allura says in the comm, and I fly up towards the castle. "Skaye needs medical attention" I announce as we dock.

Lance comes running in, and I surpress a sigh. I open the pod, and lift Skaye out. Lance holds her, and we hurry to the medical bay. "What happened?" Allura asks, getting a healing pod ready.

"She was hit with the wave of exploding quintessence. Then she kinda blacked out... I don't really know what happened" I explain, as Lance puts her in the pod. Allura closes it and brings up a screen.

"It seems that the quintessence almost burned her. She was lucky there wasn't much more, she could be much worse than she is. She'll take about four hours to heal" Allura explains, showing Skaye's vital signs.

I sigh and put my hands in my pockets. "I'll be going then" I say, and walk out. "Come on man, aren't you gonna be there when she wakes?" I hear Lance yell at me.

I ignore him and walk to the training room. "Start training sequence level eight" I yell as I walk in, and get my sword ready.

Lance's POV

I watch helplessly as Keith disappears. I look up at the cryo pod Skaye is in, and she almost seems to flinch.  I sigh and sit down on the floor in front of the pod.

Pidge comes in, and looks at me. "Where's the other one?" She asks, and I shake my head. "Gone. I don't know where, but I bet he's on the training deck" I reply, and she sits down next to me.

"She seems to be ok, but I can't believe Keith would leave her here when she nearly died to protect him!" I exclaim, and Pidge jumps. She nods. "I guess... But it's his choice. I don't get why you're so annoyed by this"

Maybe he's upset about something? Maybe they fell out? I'll have to ask one of them. I sigh and the green paladin walks off.

    Time Skip, three and a half hours

Lance's POV

There should only be a short time until the pod opens. Skaye should be healed by then. The door across from me opens, and Keith comes in, cleaning his knife.

He looks at me in surprise, and we stare at each other for a small while. He puts his knife away and slowly walks towards me.

As he reaches me, the pod hisses and opens, and he jumps forward to help Skaye. Maybe they didn't fall out, I don't know.

Skaye's POV

I wake when the pod opens, and wait for the harsh contact with the floor. But it doesn't come. I open my eyes and look up, to see Keith holding me upright.

I stand with a little difficulty, and see Lance looking confused. "Uh... Hi?" I say awkwardly. I ache all over, what actually happened?

"Thanks, I guess... You saved me when you protected me from the quintessence explosion..." Keith trails off at the end. So that's what happened, I must've blocked the quintessence from hitting Keith.

I sigh. "I need to cool off... And recover. I'll see you later, I guess..."
With that, I run out of the medical bay towards my room. I open the door and grab my jacket, then leave.

I put my jacket on, and walk to the pod room. I hear someone running behind me, and quicken my pace. I swing around the corner, and open the door.

Whoever it is behind me is caught off guard and that gives me just enough time to get into my pod. I open the hangar doors, and look down to see Keith. I fly off, leaving him behind.

I fly a distance away from the castle, then stop. What am I actually doing? I look around on my radar, and spot a small moon. I set an autopilot course for it, and lie back, thinking.

A large blip appears on my radar as I land on the planet and cloak the pod. I put my spare armour on, and jump out of my pod. It's hard to believe it used to be Lotor's. I look around at the surface of the moon, and spot a forest area.

I jetpack in it's direction, as something land nearby, sending shockwaves out that unbalance me. I tumble down a crater, and use it as cover to look at what landed. It's a Galra battle cruiser.

Something is fired at me, and it lands in the middle of the crater, activating on contact with the ground. A huge forcefield forms around the crater, trapping me inside, and disabling my comms.

Oh no. Someone steps out of the cruiser, and they walk towards me. "Lotor..." I gasp, and he readies his sword.

~~This is twisting quite a bit. I don't actually know what's going on, but hopefully it'll get better. Also sorry about the cliffhanger :/. Thanks for reading~~ LostFirestar 🌟❤️🌟