Intruder

Keith's POV

We slice through the fleet, sword at the ready. The purple lion is so defenceless compared to us, with Voltron. A larger cargo ship appears, sending out small fleets.

As we turn to face the rest of the fighters and ships, I see the largest cargo ship activate a tractor beam, pulling the purple lion in. "Oh no..." I say in the comm.

"What're we going to do? Either way we're outnumbered" Lance states through the comm. "We need to disband. Save Nightshade, we need her on this team. Let's go team!" Shiro says, and we all separate.

I head for Skaye and knock her out of the way of the beam, hoping she isn't too bad. Her comm still won't respond.

"Alright, let's get rid of that ship. Blast away paladins!" Shiro shouts, heading for the Galra. I follow, the others right behind me.

We begin to fire at the ship, each using our lion's ability, driving the Galra back. The ship retreats into deep space, and I fly over to Skaye to see if she's woken up yet. I see a figure exit the lion and come over.

She taps the side of her helmet and tries to speak. It comes as static. Her comm must still be down. "Pidge, Lance, can you help me drag the purple lion back to the castle please?" I ask them and they come over. Together we bring the lion back, Skaye hanging onto Red by the ear.

Skaye's POV

I jetpack to the floor of the lions' hangar, trying not to injure myself further. The wound on my arm opened up again, deeper as well. Blood trickles lightly down my temple as I remove my helmet.

Pidge grabs my arm and takes me to the medical bay. "Sit there, I'll get you some bandages" she orders, pointing to a metal table and I reluctantly obey.

I'm surprised the rest if the team haven't come in yet. They're probably trying to repair Purple. They'll need Pidge for that though.

The small paladin walks over, carrying oil of sorts and some bandages. She soaks the bandages in the oil and wraps my arm up, then presses the other bandage against my temple.

"Keep that there" she says, making me press it on, "I'm surprised Keith hasn't come in asking after you yet. And don't think I don't know about you two."

I feel myself blushing a little and then I get curious. "How do you know?" I ask, getting off the table. "It's a secret. And I haven't used cameras" she says teasingly.

I pat her on the shoulder, and walk out. "Are you ok?" She asks, stopping me. "Not really, I'm a bit dizzy" I say, removing her hand from my shoulder. "I'll be fine"

She sighs and heads to the hangar. I follow shortly after, wanting to check on my lion. Lost in my thoughts, I go through the door and bump into Allura. "Oh, there you are. Are you ok?" She asks, not allowing me to say sorry.

I nod, feeling awkward. I walk up to Purple and stroke her nose. Her eyes light up and she stands, roaring. "Ayyyy thats my girl" I laugh as she noses me and pushes me over. Lance helps me up.

I take the bandage off my head wound, noticing that it's closed up. "That's a nasty wound" Lance comments, and I throw the soaked bandage into the nearest bin. "I've had worse. Much worse" I reply, thinking about when I was the Galra's prisoner. I shudder and turn away.

"We've all lost something to the Galra" he replies, trying to comfort me. I push Purple into the direction of her hangar. I walk out, wondering what I can do. I can't train with my arm bandaged, but I don't want to rest.

I'll find something to do. Or someone to talk to.

Keith's POV

I hover around in the control room, unsure of what to do. Skaye seems to be alright. I think about what I can do, Coran's fixing the suits and the lions, Pidge is repairing the tech on the purple lion, Lance and Hunk are probably in the kitchen.

I let my mind wander, thinking about the battle we faced. What is more of those ships come? None of us have ever seen ones like that before. And the way they all combined their weapons...

I shudder, not realising Allura and Shiro were talking about where we could target next. I watch as Allura brings up a map of the nearby Galra bases, and points to a large one.

I shake my head slightly. We're not ready for that size yet. Suddenly, an alarm starts blaring, and images pop up of someone running throughout the castle, in a Galran uniform. On another screen, I see Skaye running towards the armory to get her armour.

The figure runs at insane speed through another camera screen, going towards Skaye. I run out into the corridor, looking for her. I head to the armory too, and slip inside quietly. I grab my armour and bayard, ready to attack the intruder.

Skaye comes in and grabs her armour too. "Looks like the others have already suited up" I state, which makes her jump. I smirk at her reaction.

Skaye's POV

I turn away from Keith, and try to hide my embarrassment. I grab my bayard. "We have an intruder to deal with. I'll stay near the control room, you go down towards the rooms" I say and walk out.

He comes out with me. "Stay safe" he says, going in the other direction. "Don't be stupid" I reply. I hear Coran over the intercom stating where the intruder is. "And they are coming for you Keith, look out" he says and I get ready.

I see Keith thrown against the wall by a tall Galran soldier. He slumps to the floor, but with the last of his strength, he slices the soldier's arm. They kick him and walk towards me. I ignore Coran's comments as they slowly speed up, eventually charging at me.

I swing forward with my katana, making contact with their outstretched arm. They draw back, trying to get me to lower my guard. I swing at them and cut into the armour around their shoulder.

They jump back, and in the same movement, kick me in the face. I fall back, but they grab me. "I thought I recognised you" they say and release their visor to reveal someone I know.

"Xash?" I gasp, shocked. I never thought I would see her again.

~~Sorry about the twist. And the cliffhanger. I got inspiration back for a while from my music. I haven't seen past season four, episode one, so if I copy anything, I'm so sorry. Thanks for reading!~~ LostFirestar 🌟❤️🌟