On Edge

Sayuri's POV

I walk behind the paladins to the hangar, as of yet they seem to be unguarded. I wonder why the Galra haven't bothered?

Oh well, I have my mission, they have theirs. I stand ready, bayard in hand... Oh no. I can't activate the bayard. But I have the daggers at least.

Keith comes over to me. "Are you alright? You left in a hurry then when I went to your room you were crying and you yelled at me..." He trails off. "Look, I'm alright. I don't know what came over me... It was odd" I reply, planning out what I'll do.

I hear sentries next to the hangar door. "Lance, stay here. Keith, come with me, I heard sentries just" I order through the comm.

The red paladin nods and follows me out of the hangar. I point to a room down the corridor, "I think one went in there" I say, and he walks in front of me. "I know something's up. Something's changed." He says, entering the room.

Perfect. I lock the door as I enter, and as I said, there was a sentry. Why, I don't know, but there was. It is quickly destroyed, and Keith turns to leave. I switch the lights off and take off my helmet, allowing me to see better.

"I thought as much. Guys I need back-" I don't give him a chance to finish, as I take off his helmet and put my dagger to his throat. 'I know you want revenge and that, but just no... Don't hurt him, please' Skaye says in my mind.

I laugh. "What, you didn't expect this? It would happen eventually" I growl, and he activates his bayard. "Don't make me do something reckless. I don't wanna hurt you" he says, as I push him against the wall and grab my other dagger.

I use the blade and trace the unarmoured part of his neck. "Don't make me hurt you too badly" I sigh, tearing the cloth out of agitation.

"Yeah, right. You wouldn't risk getting yourself killed." He replies defiantly, and I feel his sword against my back. He presses it against my suit, I grit my teeth to stop myself yelling in pain.

None of this suit is armoured, it is hard to fight someone in it. He pushes the blade deeper into my back and I wince and recoil the dagger a little. I am forced forward, and my dagger digs in his neck. He grunts in pain, and slices outwards, causing me to cry out.

I feel the wound on my back heat up, and I can almost picture it bleeding. I rip into the fabric of his shoulder, and make a deep wound. He smacks me and I fall forward, in too much pain to complete my mission. He catches me, and pushes me to the floor.

I see a look of hatred, sadness and... Pity cross his face. I hang my head. "Kill me if you want. It'll end both of our pain, I guess" I say, dropping my daggers, and bayard. He sighs. "Look, you might've hurt me, but I did more. Now what do you want?" He asks, crouching to my level.

"It's kind of obvious. You know, I'm a blood demon. It's in the name. I need blood" I state, not looking up. He looks at his shoulder. "Well, could you do first aid? As in clean the wound as well as get what you need?" He asks.

I consider it. 'Just say yes. Then it'll be back to normal' Skaye shouts at me and I nod. "My neck will be fine, could you help my shoulder?" He asks, sitting across from me.

I sigh, defeated. "Well it's not exactly my job. It's just so that we both get enough blood to live" I explain. He nods. "I think Skaye could do it though. And then this wound could heal too"

Small time skip

Skaye's POV

I find a peice of cloth and wrap it around Keith's shoulder. "Sorry.." I say for about the fiftieth time. "Stop, it wasn't your fault" he says, stroking my hair. I flick it behind my shoulders and it bobs around my neck. He pushes the cup of blood collected towards me, and tells me to drink.

"You'll heal, then I can clean you up" he says. Why do I not trust him entirely? Eh whatever. I drink the whole cup, and feel my body healing. The cuts close up, my elbow aches are gone and I feel full of energy.

I turn around to let him wipe up the wound. It stings a little as he uses the leftover cloth to wipe up the blood that trailed down the cut. "It bled quite badly" he says, finishing off the job.

"I know. But I've had worse, you just can't see the scars now" I reply, turning around. We hear something, coming from Keith's comm. "Grab your helmet. I'll get my armour" I say, unlocking the door. "I have my comms if I need them. Hurry" I say firmly, activating my cloak, and sneaking out.

Keith's POV

I watch the doors close behind Skaye. "Keith! Are you there? Lance, Allura and Coran have been captured!" Shiro shouts, followed by grunting. "Yeah, we had a run in with some sentries, I'll be there soon" I answer and run out of the small room.

Sentries guard the hall, and I activate my bayard. Slicing through them, I go to where Shiro should be. I try to open the door, then knock. "Shiro? Are you in there?"

The door unlocks. "Get in!" He says, yanking my arm to get me inside. "Hunk and Pidge have also been captured. Sendak is trying to prepare for launch, but can't fire up the engines. We have to get the rest of the team from the control center."

I gasp at this unintentionally, and nod. "When shall we strike?" I ask.
"Now. It's the only chance we have. Let's rescue our team" he says, walking into the empty corridor.

~~i just realised that I copied something from season one. Oops, sorry about that. Thanks for reading~~ LostFirestar 🌟❤️🌟