Chapter Two|| What Were You Thinking?

{Alara's POV}

I ducked dodging Ethan's swing at me and grinned as I swung my leg out knocking his feet from under him. A laugh escaped him as he grabbed my leg jerking me down to him and I let out a screech as he did so. 

I laughed rolling away from him and rolled to my feet. "Oh, Ethan, you've got to be more challenging then that." I stated as he he rose back up to his feet. 

"Im just getting you warmed up." he winked beckoning me forward with the movement of his hands. 

"Come get it." he added with a challenging look. 

I inwardly cringed. Ethan was a very handsome guy, but I guess since I've been in love with Evan for so long, other males don't seem to interest me. 

I managed to deliver a quick to the side of his ribs only for him to catch my leg and throw me backwards and I groaned as I smacked the floor of the ring. 

"Challenging enough?" he smirked and I rolled my eyes and brought my hand up sending a force towards him and he flew backwards hitting the ground harder than I did. 

I snorted. "Challenging enough?" I winked and he groaned holding his sides. 

"You cheated," he managed to get out. "Using magic was off limits." he stated turning his head to look at me. 

I grinned. "Not in my book." I scrambled to my feet and hurried to him, dropping to my knees pinning him to the ground and started to count. 

"3, 2,-" in a flash he flipped us over to where he was hovering over me. 

"1." he finished with a cocky grin. 

"Don't ever let you enemy fool you. Your magic barely hurt." I rolled my eyes. 

"Liar." I knew that hurt, I intended for it to. 

Ethan was about to speak when suddenly he was ripped backwards and my eyes widened when I saw Evan holding him by the back of the shirt. 

"What part of stay away from my mate do you not understand?" Evan growled out. "Let alone laying your hands on her."

"We were just sparring, little brother. No need to get jealous now. Besides, I wasn't sure if you still had one since you've been pretty much MIA towards her-" Evan snarled throwing Ethan to the ground. 

"What happens between my mate and I doesn't concern you. Understand?" I scurried to my feet placing myself between the two. 

Evan's eyes met mine and I could practically see the fire dancing within them. "What were you thinking?" he asked and I felt my blood boil. 

Who does he think he is?!

"I was sparring, what I do doesn't concern you. You made that clear these past few weeks." I threw back into his face. 

I was sick of this constant bantering and him treating me like crap and expecting me to be okay with that. Him treating my like shit is what got us into our doom and separation the first time around. I'm a new person now and I plan to stay that way. 

The pack members that were standing around were shocked for multiple reasons. One, it was the first time they've seen Evan in weeks. Two, the way I just spoke to him. And three, the way he treated his own brother. 

"Now is not the time or place for this conversation." he growled out in a warning tone. 

"Nothing ever is the right time with you, Evan." I sighed shaking my head and turned walking and exited the ring.