Chapter Thirteen|| Shopping with Evan

{Alara's POV}

"You looked at one suit, Evan! You can't possibly think that's the one." I countered as he looked at in the mirror while the two women helped fix his collar and make it perfectly presentable to him. 

"That's the difference between men and women...we don't have to try on twenty different things, love." He shot back. "I'll take it," he spoke to one of the women and she nodded, smiling at the new buy. 

I rolled my eyes, uncrossing my legs and stood from my seat. "That was just rude. Not all women are like that." I almost pouted. 

I'm definitely not like that...

"Just saying..." he mumbled, walking back into the dressing room to discard the suit. 

"Sometimes you make me want to hit you," I called out and in response, I heard his husky chuckle. 

"Which is why I love getting you all riled up." 

"You know...just because you said that...I may just try on twenty different dresses." I replied and heard him groan. 

"I take it back!"

"Nope! It's happening, prepare yourself." 

"Goddess...what have I done?" he mumbled, walking back out in his original clothing. 

After he bought his suit, we walked down the street to a shop that contained a lot of the gowns I used to buy for things like this before the...incident happened with Evan and me.

"Goddess I'm already regretting this," I grumbled as we walked in and I heard Evan snicker. 

He knew how much I hated wearing dresses and shopping. I definitely wasn't your typical girl who loved to shop. 

"How can I help you?" A lady asked walking up to us. 

"I'm just looking for a red formal dress, could you help me?"

"Of course! Lucky for you we just got some new ones in stock." 

How wonderful...

I followed her to a rack of dresses hanging and she grabbed the first three she saw. 

"These should fit you perfectly!"

I gave her a small smile before taking them and I walked back to the dressing rooms. After trying each of them on, I decided I hated them all and this was not for me. 

"Evan can we just leave?" I whined from behind the door hearing him laugh. 

"Nope! You agreed to this!" I groaned, throwing my head back and glaring up at the ceiling. 

"Goddess, why did you put me through this?" 

"Don't blame her!" Evan called out. 

"Shut up!"

His chuckled bounced off the walls as another knock sounded on my dressing room door with more dresses to try on. 

I took them from the women and almost gave up hope until the last one caught my eye. I tried it on and looked myself over with a small smirk. 

"Okay...I may like this one." I called out to Evan. 

"Well let me see, love." I could practically see Evan's grin. 

I walked out and his eyes slowly trailed over the dress. "We'll take it." he declared and my eyes widened. 

"Wait wha-"

"Nope, you're getting it." Without my decision, he handed the woman his card and I rolled my eyes. 

"Do I get a say?"