Chapter Thirty-Five|| Pain

{Alara's POV}

I groaned, feeling the power leave him. Nothing was on my mind but the need to destroy this man. I was sick and tired of running, I was sick and tired of feeling weak, and most importantly...I was sick and tired of holding back.

If the wanted Alara Lavender, then I shall show him exactly who the hell I am.

"Please..." he cried out, pale in the face.

I grinned down at him, tightening my hold on him.

"Now you want to beg for mercy? I haven't even shown you the worst of it." I growled out.

One of my hands slid down to grasp underneath his chin and the other slid to the side of his head.

"Do you feel your soul leaving you? Because I feel it." I laughed.

When his eyes started to roll into the back of his head, I leaned down next to his ear.

"And you'll never be remembered. Have a nice life in hell, bastard." I tightened my grip and snapped his neck to the side.

I watched as the rest of the black magic leave his body but before it could enter me, it stopped mid-air as a hand shot past my face.

I quickly looked behind me seeing no other than the goddess standing there.

"You did well." She spoke, still halting the black magic.

"What are you doing here?"

"Helping you end him." I looked next to her still seeing the trick the shifter was playing on me with my dead brother.

"I thought I killed the shifter. How is he still playing a trick on me?" I growled out, ready to send the trick straight to hell with him.

"You did, Alara. It's over. It's really me." 'Alec' spoke.

I shook my head.

"No..no! I felt our bond snap! You're dead."

"Alara..."

"Stop!" I yelled, and a burst of power left me, sending him flying backward into the wall.

"Alara! Calm down!" The Goddess yelled at me.

Anger filled my body.

"You said you couldn't help me! Yet here you are!"

"I couldn't kill him...I never said that I couldn't give you the power to strengthen you to do so."

"But..."

"Alec and I channeled our power into you." She moved her hand and the black magic etched closer to her.

I watched as she swirled it in the air with her hand.

"How are you doing that?"

"Because I can control it, remember? Just as you can now. You listened to me. You took the pain of your brother dying and found the numbness of the black magic to control."

I looked away from her stare to an unconscious Alec laying on the floor.

I couldn't feel any pain.

I should be...sad.

But I wasn't.

I was just angry.

"There was a part I left out about controlling black magic. It also takes a selfless sacrifice. You went back to the part of yourself you hated solely to help the ones you cared about and to honor your brother's memory by defeating the one thing that killed him."