Chapter Nineteen|| Guilt

{Evan's POV}

I wiped the blood off my knife as I looked down at Derek. He had been a prisoner here for a few months since the Immaculate trial that was held for him.

I was confused when I got the call from Alpha Mason asking me to bring the worst pain possible to this man. Then I remembered, I was the audacious killer years prior. No wonder he thought I'd excel in the category of torture.

Derek groaned as his arms openly bled. "Well, Derek, that was for another person your murdered." I sighed with fake sympathy.

"It's a shame you have to see me every day."

"What's new, you're the Malevolent Alpha. A pathetic man that is taking all his sad, dreadful years of anger out on me," he grumbled, spitting blood to the side.

I snarled, reaching out and grabbed him by the throat. "Say it again, I dare you."

He grinned at me wickedly. "I'm not scared of you. I'm used to the pain you cause me. It's sad honestly. I expected more from you. It's like you're too scared to tap back into the horrid man you claim you are no longer like, but I see the real you. You're blinded by who you want people to see you as and not who you truly want to be."

His words hit me like a ton of bricks. Here I was, questioning why Alara was so scared to tap back into her powerful side when I was doing the exact same thing.

"You're wrong," I lied. "I'm just taking my time with you. I will rip you apart piece by piece and put you back together just the same. I will make you call to the Goddess to give you a swift death, but she won't grant you that."

His expression faltered as fear sat in. Good.

I grabbed a pair of pliers and smirked. "Do you know how long it takes for fingernails to grow back?" I asked and his eyes widened.

"N-no..."

"Me either, let's see together." I chuckled, grabbing his hand.

"No! No! Please!" he screamed.

I walked out of the basement cells and headed towards my house to change my clothes that were now covered in blood. A shower was much needed as well.

It felt good to let some of my pent up anger out. Even if that was on poor old Derek. My best pal at the moment. I chuckled to myself, I was going insane.

I hated to admit that I missed putting fear into people. I hated having to be a calm and controlled alpha. I am not that type of alpha. I am the Malevolent Alpha! I put fear into people and I walk around with a grin on my face knowing I do so.

As I neared our house, I was brought from my thoughts as I heard shouting.

"Scarlett, please! Just listen to me!" Alara yelled as she chased after Scarlett that was quickly making her way away from Alara.

My brows furrowed as I headed towards the two.

"What is going on?" I asked and Alara ignored me as she continued calling out to Scarlett.

"Just LISTEN!" Alara shouted, but when she did so, thunder struck causing Scarlett to halt.

Scarlett spun on her heels. "You lied to me!" She yelled back.

"No, I didn't! I just..."

"You just what? Didn't bother to tell me that you still had dark magic residing in you?!"

My head snapped to look at Alara with wide eyes. "What the hell is she talking about?" I demanded and Alara looked at me with wide eyes.

"E-Evan I..."

Scarlett laughed humorlessly, shaking her head. "Well, at least I wasn't the only person you lied to, but you know... you just told your brother who tried to kill you multiple times."

"You told Alec?! But didn't bother to tell one of us?!" I questioned.

"No, I just-"

"Chrisitan is going to flip." Scarlett snapped.

"You can't tell him!"

"I have to-"

"No, you don't," I cut Scarlett off.

"She could hurt herself or someone else."

"She hasn't for a long time." I countered.

Sure, I was pissed Alara didn't bother to tell me, but that could wait for later.

Alara was not leaving my side again.

"It's contained. Alec put-"

"I don't give a damn what he did! You can't trust him!" Scarlett yelled back at her.

I growled not liking where this was going.

"Don't you dare tell Christian or I swear I'll-"

"You'll what?!" Scarlett snapped, taking a threatening step towards me as I did the same.

"Stop! Just stop!" Alara yelled and thunder struck again.

I could see her visibly shaking. "Alara...calm down. You'll have a spell again." I reminded her.

"A spell?"

"Anytime she gets stressed or scared, she can't control her powers," I mumbled, making my way to Alara as she mumbled things to herself, trying to calm herself down.

I placed my hand on her shoulder and she looked up at me with tears.

"Please, I can't have y'all hate me. I'm fine! There is barely any dark magic left in me! T-the witches almost got all of it out...but their methods stopped working. I just acted like they did because I was able to fight it down and I still can. I'm just so stressed with everything lately that I've let my guards down." she explained and my features softened.

"It's okay, baby girl. We'll figure this out." I couldn't find it in me to be mad at her after all she's went through.

After all she has done for me.

I heard Scarlett sigh as she looks down at the ground, thinking her words over.

"Okay...I won't tell Chrisitan, but we have to work to get the rest of this magic out of you and I need to know exactly what Alec did."

"Deal."

___________________________________________________________________

YOU GOT EVAN'S POV

AHHH

Don't worry...you'll be seeing a lot more of Evan now that the plot is thickening. 

The next chapter is INTENSE ...lucky for you it's already up on Inkitt! Click the link in my profile to read chapter twenty for FREE! When doing so, it supports me as well so I'd really appreciate it if you'd do that for me :)

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE