Chapter Thirty-Eight|| Announcing

{Alara's POV}

I grinned looking in the mirror.

I was so happy.

Everything was...perfect. It was something I've never had: A perfect life.

I ran my fingers through my hair looking over my appearance and decided it was good enough.

People were waiting.

I scurried downstairs to where everyone sat in the living room. Scarlett and the coven were here. Alec was chilling on the couch and Evan was seating next to Scarlett having some conversation.

I cleared my throat and everyone looked to me.

"It's about time." Alec murmured.

"Shut up," I grumbled.

"I have news!" I declared and Evan looked at me with a small grin.

"And?" Scarlett asked, confused.

"I will be getting fatter for the next nine months." Everyone's eyes widened.

"Are you...?"

"Pregnant? Yes, yes I am." I spoke smugly.

Scarlett and the girls from my coven screeched standing up and ran tackling me into a hug.

"I'm so happy for you! Oh, I should have known! You're glowing!!" Scarlett spoke, as the group finally let me breathe.

I laughed, giving them a twirl. "Am I? Haven't noticed."

"Oh, this is so going to go to her head." Alec laughed, walking up to me.

"Oh, don't I know. She isn't even showing yet and is making me do everything for her." Evan joked.

I shot daggers at him and he held up his hands defensively. "And I enjoy every minute of it," he added.

"That's what I thought." I shot back.

Alec pulled me in for a hug. "I'm happy for you, sis."

"Thank you, Alec."

"Have you two talked about names? Boy or girl?"

"If it's a boy we decided to name him Emerson. If it's a girl, we're naming her Emerald." I replied, beaming a smile.

"This is so exciting. Oh! Can I please throw you a baby shower?" Scarlett asked.

"Oh, I wanna help!" Sarah piped in.

"Why can't all of us girls work on it?" Maya countered.

"You all can work on it. I need my girls to throw the best baby shower ever!"

"Hell yes." Michelle laughed.

"So how did you find out? What was Evan's reaction?! I bet it was hilarious." Scarlett mused.

I thought back to just a few days ago with a smile on my face.

*THREE DAYS BEFORE*

I sat on the edge of my bed biting my lip nervously. I waited for the test to be done.

Evan was out training our men as I stayed back home. I was late and that only could mean one thing...well I hoped it only meant one thing.

I was pregnant.

If it was true...that means I truly didn't have the barren spell on me anymore.

That I could take another step into my life and start a family. It was something I dreamt of for years.

Something I needed.

The timer sounded on my phone, bringing me from my thoughts. I took in a deep breath and nodded to myself. This is possible. This can happen!

I grabbed the test with closed eyes, counted to three, and opened them.

My eyes widened at what I saw.

Positive.

It was POSITIVE.

I stood up. "YES!" I yelled, jumping up and down like a child on Christmas.

Tears filled my eyes and I quickly wiped a stray one wondering how I should tell Evan.

That man may be even more eager than I was to start a family, which I feel many wouldn't expect from him. These past few weeks as we laid in bed at night, it was all he could talk about.

He talked about names, the birth, or when the baby would be old enough to take its first steps. I loved just laying in his arms listening.

He was so happy and it was so nice to see him smile and laugh.

I heard the door shut downstairs and I quickly shoved the test into the back of my jean pocket and pulled my shirt down over it.

"Alara! I'm back." Evan called out and I left our room to head downstairs.

As I descended them, Evan came into sight and smiled at me. I walked up, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Hello there." I grinned.

"Hello there, babe." he joked, placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Let's sit, I'm exhausted." he huffed out, pulling me to the couch.

"Are you done training for the day?"

"Yeah, it looks like it's about to rain so I let them go home early. Let's just have a chill rest of the day," he suggested.

"Sounds good to me. Want me to put on a movie? I can pop us some popcorn as well."

"Perfect."

After putting on a movie and getting the popcorn ready, I took my spot next to him on the couch.

I grabbed my phone out of my other pocket and pulled up my camera and held it up.

"Oh no...not pictures," he spoke almost disgusted and I laughed.

"Evan we barely have any pictures together! Just one...for me." I made puppy dog eyes and he groaned.

"Fine, one!"

I held the camera back up and cheesed for it. Evan, on the other hand, just stared at it. I smacked his arm in annoyance.

"Smile!"

"Alara,"

"Evan,"

"Fine." he mustered up his best smile and an idea popped into my head.

"On three, say Alara's pregnant!"

"Alara's—wait... what?" his head snapped to look at me and I snapped the picture.

"Don't play with me Alara."

"I'm not, Evan."

I grabbed the test out of my back pocket showing it to him and he snatched it from my hands.

"Oh, my Goddess..."

He flew up from the couch, causing popcorn to go everywhere.

I belched out a laugh seeing him smiling the biggest smile. I raised my phone up again, taking a picture of him.

"Stop." he pointed a finger at me, but couldn't hide his smile.

"We're gonna have a family." I sang out.

"Wow..." he looked at the test again as if it would disappear at any moment.

_____________________________________________________________

Epilogue is next :'(

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE