Chapter Twenty-Three|| Practice

{Alara's POV}

"Are you sure you're ready for this?"

"Yes, positive."

"Okay, give it all you got," Evan spoke.

I stared at the targets in front of me. The blade winked in the sunlight.

After deciding that I was not backing down this time, Evan decided that I needed to practice hand to hand combat more as well as my fighting skills in general.

Alec also stated that it was about time that I start practicing bigger spells now that my black magic was locked away.

I took a deep breath and locked my eyes on the target and raised my arm. I threw the blade with full force as it cut through the air, spiraling towards the target.

It landed dead center and I smirked, folding my arms. "I was never out of practice after all." I winked at Evan who grinned at me.

"That's my girl," he growled playfully and went to retrieve the blade.

"Barf in my mouth," Alec spoke from behind me and I rolled my eyes.

"What's next? You're going to make out in front of me." he threw his hands up in disgust.

"Oh stop we weren't even doing anything."

"Just the sight of you two trying to be...cute makes me want to take that blade to my eyes."

"I could arrange that," Evan spoke, walking back up to us with a cocky look.

"Of course you would," Alec muttered, kicking a small rock on the ground in front of him and let out a dramatic sigh.

"All this 'practicing' is boring. When can we get to the spells? I'm ready to see you blow something up." he rubbed his hands together eagerly.

"You're so annoying," Evan grumbled.

"Oh boo hoo. Go play with your blades elsewhere." Alec shot back.

"Would you both stop acting like you're twelve?"

"I am not!" They both spoke and I rolled my eyes, turning my back to them.

"I cannot concentrate when y'all are both bickering back and forth, so either you stay and help me or be quiet and leave. I'm trying to be serious here."

"Fine," Alec mumbled.

I rolled my eyes, picking up another knife.

"Alara!" I heard and turned seeing Scarlett walking towards us.

I put the knife back down and walked over to her with a small smile. I hope she isn't mad at me still.

"What's up?"

"I can't find anything on the black magic. I have been up for countless days and nights just looking but I can't find anything, but I was thinking...this walker...he consumes powers, right?" I didn't like where this is going.

"Yes..."

"Well, if he wants your power so bad why don't you just let him have it? Sure, you'll be human but it is better than having dark magic within you. Without magic, you have no black magic to latch onto your soul."

"Um, no. That's not happening." Alec spoke, walking up beside me.

"Too bad I wasn't asking you."

"We don't know if that would work anyways. We would have known before if so. Do you think witches that got into black magic probably didn't try that? Black magic doesn't need your magic like a witch. Black magic is what humans get into and it does bad things to them. Once it meets your soul, it isn't disposable until death."

"So you're saying it's so powerful that even humans can practice it?"

"Yes, it's that powerful. You don't have to be a witch to learn black magic. It's black magic for a reason."

"It's like little demons inside you," Alec mumbled and I sighed, looking down.

Oh, how true that was.

"Oh..." Scarlett reached out, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"We'll figure this out. I promise." I gave her a weak smile.

Sure we will.

"What are you all doing?" She asked, looking around.

"Training," Evan called out, twirling a knife in his hand with a grin.

"For?"

"We're going after this walker."

Her eyes widened. "Really? You're ready for that?"

"More than I ever will be. I'm sick of living in fear and fearing myself. If he wants to see what I can do...I'll show him." I let out a breath of air and held my hand up.

A knife flew from the table to my hand and Scarlett widened, stepping back a bit.

"Watch this." I grinned.

I threw the knife at another target watching it hit perfectly in the center and with a chant of a spell, the target blew up in flames.

"Wicked." Alec grinned, rubbing his hands together.

"I'm sure you missed this." Scarlett smiled.

"A lot actually."

"That's my girl!" Evan yelled and I let out a small laugh looking over at him.

He shot me a wink before turning and started target practicing as well.

"He looks happy," Scarlett whispered to me, glancing at Evan.

Our talk came into mind. We finally opened up and we finally expressed just how scared of ourselves we truly were. We know it's time to get back into the roles we were born into and he's doing exactly that.

I'm seeing more and more of the old Evan resurface each day but in a good way. It's not a vicious evil...but an alpha who doesn't take anyone's crap.

"We both are," I replied still watching him.

"I just have to gouge my eyes out twenty-four seven." Alec piped in and I gave him a playful shove.

"And how do you feel, Alec? About all this?" Scarlett asked and he shrugged.

"She's happy and he makes her happy. I can't come between that. I'm glad they're both stepping back into their roles and not letting this horrible evil take control again. It takes strength and they're doing just that." Was his response and he looked in thought for a moment before looking at me.

"I'm going to make things right, Alara." My brows furrowed.

I didn't know what exactly he meant by that.

I thought he already apologized and explained his side? What more was there to do?

___________________________________________________________

OH SNAP

Want the next chapter?! Click the link in my profile for the next chapter on Inkitt! Help support me on there! IT'S FREE!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

I finally updated!

I've had a lot going on sadly and it's just been hard to update lately.