Chapter Nine|| Information

{Alara's POV} -LISTEN TO THE SONG ABOVE AS YOU READ! ITS WHAT INSPIRED THIS CHAPTER!-

I glanced out the window as Evan stood behind me. The moon was seconds from turning into that blood red horror show. My body hummed, the darkness of the night threatening the hollow shell that once contained the worst darkness there was.

It was calling out to me to which I denied without a second thought. Evan knew it wasn't a good night the minute he saw the look on my face the minute I entered the house. Now he stood by me in comfort. As if he was silently telling me 'I understand'.

Because tonight was a night my body could easily get back that darkness, but I wouldn't let it. Goddess knows what was happening somewhere out there. It wasn't anything good.

It started to pour rain as the red moon glowed beautifully.

"Is that..." Evan mumbled looking out the window of the porch seeing red droplets hitting the porch floor.

"Blood. It's raining blood." I clarified as an eery feeling crawled up my throat.

"Goddess help us," I mumbled

The shifter came into mind and for some reason, I just felt he had something to do with this. He was taunting me with just how powerful he was.

"Let's get to bed," I told Evan who gave me a confused look.

"You can sleep through this?" he asked and I looked back at the window giving him a shrug.

"I've slept through a lot of storms," I mumbled, turning on my heels and walked towards the stairs.

That night as I laid in bed beside Evan, I couldn't sleep. Something was holding me back from doing so. Evan was sound asleep on the other side of the bed far from my reach. As if I touched him, I'd burn him.

I sighed, turning on my side and finally shut my eyes as I listened to the thunder roar. Then I found myself drifting off, but as I did so...it was like I went somewhere else.

Looking around, I felt like I was dream walking. A thing young witches would do in their sleep without knowing. It happened because they were so confused as to what was happening around them.

Am I that confused?

"No, you're not." a voice spoke, startling me and I looked with wide eyes towards the sound.

A man stood in the far corner, the darkness covering his face.

"We finally talk, Alara," he spoke and my eyes narrowed.

"You're him...the shifter," I stated and a chuckle left him.

"We like to call ourselves walkers, but you can say as you please." he moved into my vision and my eyes looked his face over.

He was the man from the woods Evan went after

"Why are you after me? H-how are we even speaking?!"

"Because you wouldn't have let me live if I didn't come after you. You saw me in your pals mind and you got a glimpse of me. You eventually would have come after me. I couldn't sit around and do nothing."

I shook my head. "Why were you even sneaking around in his mind?"

"Hunters paid me a lot of money I couldn't resist."

"Okay? Why start all this now?"

"I had to give it some time and see what your next move was. And it was nothing. You were doing absolutely nothing. So I struck while I could. Then I was confused as to why you did nothing...and I realized, you're scared of what I can do." He stated with a smirk and took a threatening step closer.

"I'm not scared of you."

"Oh but you are...because you don't know anything about me. I'm hundreds of years old and wiser. I may not look like it, I know it's quite a shocker, but I do tend to turn heads." he mused and I rolled my eyes.

"Like I said, I'm not scared."

"I was surprised honestly when I saw who you were... it even shook me up a bit. I even ran for the hills the first time you saw me, but something stopped you from coming after me. Perhaps, it was the face I wore?" he grinned and I let out a frustrated sound raising my hand to throw him back against the wall until I beat him to a pulp, but nothing happened and I looked at my hand in shock.

"You're in a dream, love. No magic here." he snorted.

"Cowardly are we?" I mused and he shrugged.

"Not as much as you are when it comes to your dead brother," he stated as he started to circle me and my heart sped up.

"Man, that guy messed you up real bad. The second you saw his face, you were done for. It's honestly funny." I gritted my teeth together.

"Do you know how I'm talking to you right now?" he took my silence for a no.

"The blood moon is powerful." he whispered next to my ear causing me to instinctively close my eyes.

"Do you know what it takes for a walker to shift into someone they're not?" he asked and I slowly shook my head.

"They have to be alive," he stated and my heart dropped.

"Yes, Alara, that's right...your precious brother has been alive. It took me awhile to find him. It was weird, I knew you killed him...but for some reason, I could still take on his appearance, which doesn't happen if someone is dead." he stopped circling me as he stood right in front of me and grinned.

"Your brother was smarter than you think. He did a very powerful spell...that if he was ever killed, he'd be brought back soon enough."

What the...

"And guess what he tied that spell to?" he asked, his hand gripping my jaw roughly, turning it to look at the window where the blood moon was visible.

"That is what you brother tied himself to. He'll never die. He was mere...sleeping." he chuckled humorlessly and stepped behind me.

"And tonight...he was resurrected."

_______________________________________________________________________

OH SHIT

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

I start school tomorrow! So more updates ;)