Chapter Thirty-One|| A call upon her

{Alara's POV}

I stood in my reading room with a determined look. After reading countless spells, I knew that it would be hard to contact the Goddess herself. Most spells to call upon someone took a lot of energy and power. A power that scared me. A power that I never wanted to let back out, and I wouldn't.

The door opened and Alec walked in giving me a confused look. "You called?"

And I wouldn't call upon that power because I would have Alec help me. Both of us could use our simple magic to create something just as powerful than dark magic.

"I need your help on a spell."

"You need to channel me?"

"Yes, precisely. It's a spell that calls out to the Goddess."

"And you're sure it will work?"

"No, I could simply have Evan pray to her but prayers are not always answered when it comes to her, so here I am at my last resort. If what Alpha Jackson said is true, then I have to try. Because if she is out and about living life like a normal person, that means I can witness her in person."

"What spell is it?"

"It's almost like a linking spell. I have some of Evan's blood and I'm going to link the call to that. If she truly created the wolves and made herself so powerful to have a connection with them, then this should be able to grasp her attention."

"I'm listening," he nodded for me to continue.

"So I'll channel you, do the spell, and...cross my fingers and hope for the best."

Alec chuckled. "Don't get your hopes up."

"Oh, they're already up, brother. They will probably be crushed after this." I joked.

He laughed, shaking his head, and walked over to stand next to me. He put his hand out and I grabbed it, lacing our fingers together. "Let the games begin," he mumbled.

I closed my eyes feeling our connections of the Lavender Twins link. The power that soared through me was beautiful. Something I wish we would have practiced years ago. Maybe then, we could have saved him before everything went dark and horrid.

When I opened my eyes once more, veins were traveling up our arms showing the connection was successful. With my free hand, I took the vile containing Evan's blood and poured it into a bowl in front of me that already contained some herbs needed for the spell. I struck a match and tossed it into the bowl watching it go up in a bright orange flame.

"Just repeat after me," I told Alec and began chanting the spell.

He did as told and a chill ran down my spine but I continued. A soft breeze picked up in the room and papers started to fly around. Was it working? We chanted louder and stronger, thrusting our magic through the link. I felt blood begin to drip from my nose, warning me of the spell starting to drain us but we powered through it, not giving up.

Flashes of memories started playing through my mind, but it wasn't my own. I saw fires, I heard chants, I even saw a man transform into a wolf. I flinched at a brief memory of bones cracking and screaming before a roar was heard and the memory jumped to a new one. I groaned knowing it was all too much to take in and before I knew it, Alec jumped backward breaking our link.

"What...what was that?"

"Her memories." I gasped out.

I placed my hand over my fiercely beating heart. "It worked. I...it connected with her. She knows we were trying to reach her. We wouldn't have gotten into her mind if not."