Chapter Twelve|| Dinner

{Alara's POV}

I put our plates of food on the table right as Evan walked in. I glanced at the clock seeing it was five fifty. 

"Wow, ten minutes early. Look at you." I teased and he grinned following me as I walked to the counter to get the garlic bread and salad. 

His arms wrapped around my waist from behind as he placed a kiss on my neck. "What's for dinner, baby girl?" 

Believe it or not...I missed his silly nicknames. 

"Your favorite, cooked by yours truly," I smirked, pushing back on him to make him move back. 

I spun out of his arms and walked back over to the table placing the dishes on it. 

"Yum, Alfredo." He spoke and I smiled over at him. 

It was good to be getting back into our old routine. 

"You look beautiful, may I add." I blushed at the compliment, turning away before he could see it and grabbed some napkins to place on the table.

"Well thank you."

I had changed into a pair of jeans and a black shirt with my leather jacket over it, so "I don't really know how that made me beautiful, but I'd take it. 

"It's ready," I stated, smiling proudly at my meal I made. 

Evan rubbed his hands together grinning. "I've missed this." He stated. 

"Me too." 

We took our seats and Evan poured us a glass of wine. 

"So, how was your day?" Evan asked. 

"It was alright I guess...The pack is now protected, the coven did amazing."

"That's good."

"But let's not talk about any of that," I added and he nodded his hand in agreement, biting into some garlic bread. 

"Ryker is having his Christmas ball soon...and invited us," Evan stated and I rose a brow. 

"You're wanting to go to that?"

"I mean...think about it. We're wanting to show we've changed and sure the dude annoys the hell out of me and we might suffocate due to his ego inflating the whole room, but I think we should do it."

He did have a point...

"Okay, if that's what you want."

"Look, we don't have to go if you don't want to."

"No, I think you have a point, you're right we should go!"

He smiled, nodding seeming relieved. "I need to go look for a new suit. It's been awhile." 

"And I need to look for a dress." 

"You have to wear red." I groaned. 

"Oh, Goddess, I forgot that tradition." 

"Yes this should be very interesting," he mumbled, sipping his drink. 

"You got that right...but we could go look for our outfits tomorrow or something? I don't have anything planned."

"You think that's a good idea with your brother out there?"

"I mean, Christmas is right around the corner and he's always going to be out there. There is no good time. We will just put a cloaking spell on us and have people trail us. It will be fine."

"Okay, fine." 

"I hate dresses," I grumbled. 

"Yeah but you look sexy as hell in them." I snorted, chucking a piece of my garlic bread at him, hitting him right square in the face.