Chapter Thirty-Six|| You're okay?

{Alara's POV}

Evan looked at me skeptically, which made my heart hurt.

"E-Evan it's me. It's really me." I mumbled, taking a wary step towards him.

"But...I saw you. I saw your eyes." He spoke, looking at Alec beside me.

"And you were dead."

I could see the questions swarming him, but nonetheless, he let me walk up to him.

I placed my hand on the side of his cheek. "I have a lot to explain, but I want you to know I'm okay."

"You're okay?"

"I'm okay, Evan."

He was quick to pull me into his arms, wrapping me in a tight hug. "I was so worried." his voice cracked.

"It's all okay. I'm here." He pulled back and turned to his people.

"You may go back home. Everything is fine now." Everyone nodded, slowly dispersing.

"Let's go home and you need to tell me everything start to finish."

***

We all sat around the kitchen table as I told Evan what had happened.

"So the goddess helped you?"

"Yes, I ended that man and he will no longer hurt anyone else. We're free."

"But how did you control the dark magic? How are you...you?"

"When I thought Alec died, which he did but luckily he did a protection spell, the bond snapped. The loss of a loved one can make one so numb that I could let the black magic in and it wouldn't affect my mind because, in a way, it was gone. I had nothing for the voices to toy with because I had nothing on my mind but causing pain to that man, which black magic strives off."

"Then it also takes a selfless sacrifice, according to the goddess," Alec spoke. "Alara gave up her free will to get justice for the death of me, her brother."

"And you were able to grasp control of it from that? What happened after you killed him? Doesn't killing make black magic stronger?"

"Alec woke up," I replied and grabbed Alec's hand and gave it a tight squeeze.

"It was enough to jog my memory of everything and get my mind off hurting someone and feeling so power-hungry. Then he told me..." I trailed off looking at Alec who gave me an encouraging smile.

"He told you what?" Evan asked, looking at Alec confused.

"He told me that he knew the loophole to the barren spell he put on me so many years ago." Evan's face went blank as the words left my mouth.

"And that was?"

"Me forgiving him. He thought I never would, in the mind state he was in at the time, and I did...today."

"I tried so hard to break it without the loophole but I was failing at every attempt. I just wanted y'all to be happy and to make up for the pain I caused you two, even though that is highly impossible."

I saw Evan's eyes glisten and he was quick to run a hand over his face before any tears could fall.

Before I could say anything, Evan stood up and walked over to Alec and grabbed his arm, pulling him up from his chair. Evan pulled Alec in for a 'bro hug' and gave him a rough pat on the back.

"All is forgiven, man. I know what it's like to have black magic control your life." Evan spoke.

Alec's face was priceless. I didn't know if he was gonna smile or cry at the words that left Evan.

I placed a hand over my mouth to hold in a happy sob at the exchange between the two of them.

The only two men in my life were finally on good terms.

"Thank you, Evan, that means the world to me."

"Oh!" I let out, standing from my chair and launched myself at the two of them.

Their laughter bounced off the walls as I tackled the two of them into a group hug.

"I love you guys." I cried.

"I love you too, baby girl." Evan grinned, kissing the top of my head.

"More than you know, Alara," Alec added, ruffling my hair as he used to when we were kids.

I let out a breath of air I didn't know I was holding. We're fine. We're free...

We can go on with our lives and I no longer had to look over my shoulder twenty-four seven in constant fear that everything would be taken from me again.

"God, I'm so happy." I smiled.

"How about we fix something to eat? I'm starved." Alec asked with a small laugh.

"Me too! I'm drained." I joked.

"I'll cook," Evan smirked.

"NO!" Both Alec and I shouted at the same time.

"My cooking is not that bad!" Evan defending.

"It's terrible." Alec mused

"It's the thought that counts," I added with a small, cheesy smile.

Evan rolled his eyes. "Whatever one of you cook then." He folded his arms, butthurt.

I leaned up placing a kiss on his cheek. "I love you."

"Yeah yeah."

"I'll cook then," Alec spoke, walking to the cabinets and started grabbing some pans.

As Alec started cooking, Evan pulled me to his side and shot me a wicked grin.

"You're never leaving the bedroom until you're carrying," he whispered in my ear and I gasped, smacking his chest.

"Do I even want to know what you said?" Alec grumbled.

"Keep cooking, pretty boy." Evan shot back causing a giggle to escape me.

That night we sat around eating and laughing without a care in the world.

I looked at Evan and Alec joking back and forth with a smile on my face. It was so heartwarming to see them getting along. It had been a rough few years, but we made it.

Without them, I don't know if I would still be here today, so I'm more than grateful to have them.

There was no more hostile feelings or angry thoughts.

Nothing was...Malevolent anymore.

It was pure love.

What a change.

__________________________________________________________

TWO UPDATES WHATTTT?

You're welcome. 

Want the next chapter? Click the link in my bio to read the next chapter on Inkitt for free!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

I LOVE THEM AHHH