Chapter Thirty-Four|| Darkness

{Shifter's POV}

I paced around in the coven's house. The power Alara showed only moments ago shook me to my core and I was lucky to make it out while I can.

It was obvious she had help from her ancestors, which means she got a feel of how powerful she could be again.

"Show me to him," I told one of the witches nearby and they directed me to a room to my left.

I walked in and saw Alec laid out on the floor.

"What did you do to him?!" I demanded.

"We killed him, sir." She spoke.

"Are you insane?!" I yelled, causing her to flinch.

"I thought that was what you wanted. I know we said we wanted him first, but now that you said you'd lead us when you had Alara's powers...we figured it'd be easier to take him out."

"No, you idiot, I was supposed to kill him! I was supposed to take his powers before doing so. This could ruin everything!" I growled out, shoving my hands into my hair.

It was weird though...because I could still feel his presence.

Then it hit me.

"Oh, Alec, you smart man." I grinned, walking up.

I raised my hand above him, using my magic, and sure enough, his body had a faint purple glow to it when I did so.

He put a protection spell on himself again.

He would wake.

"He'll wake," I mumbled.

"How?"

"He did a protection spell on himself. Thankfully, it wasn't one tied to a powerful moon. He'll wake in a few." I replied and backed up.

Thunder stuck from above and my brows furrowed. I didn't know it was supposed to storm today.

I glanced out the window and saw it was pouring rain. I went to look away but quickly looked back at it.

It was not raining water...but blood.

I looked back at Alec and my eyes widened.

Just like any bond...when someone dies that bond snaps, which means Alara felt him die.

"Prepare yourselves!" I yelled. "She's coming!"

Though, without her brother or ancestors, she stands no chance against me this time.

I grinned knowing I would finally get my way.

Thunder kept getting stronger and louder, which means she was near.

I walked out the door and to the front yard, awaiting her arrival.

"Get the ritual ready I told you about. I need to take Alec's powers soon. Make sure he is contained as well. I don't want him getting loose." A witch nodded at my request and walked off.

The rest of the coven stood behind me and soon...I saw a figure slowly approaching from the darkness of the woods.

One step at a time, she grew closer. Drenched in blood, she finally came into view.

Her head was low...and she almost looked like a drunk the way she was walking.

Did the bond snapping hurt her that much?

When she raised her head, the winds picked up and I held my hand up trying to block out the dust from flying into my eyes so I could get my sights on her.