Chapter Sixteen|| Research

{Alec's POV} (WHATTT)

I stared at Alara as confusion swept over me at the information she revealed to me about this walker. 

"Why is he going after you? I don't understand?"

"Because I found him peeking around in Mason's Beta's head. He saw me and ran like his life depended on it, but he saw that I wasn't going after him with brutal force. He thinks I'm weak. Why does he want to take me down so badly? No clue." she confessed. 

I pondered on the thought. The audacity of this man. Does he know who she is? Who I am? How dare he use my face to try and threaten her. 

"Why didn't you go after him with brutal force? You got it in you."

"Because, Alec, I am not that person anymore. I could raise hell if I wanted to, but that wouldn't do any good. Evan and I are trying our best to get on everyone's good side after the terror we put out. Doing that...wouldn't make the situation any better."

"I see..." I mumbled, thinking about the next steps to take. 

"Well, he isn't going to stop terrorizing you and if he knows I'm alive that doesn't help your case."

"What are you suggesting?"

"That we go after him. Better us find and end him then the other way around, don't you think?" She thought it over and sighed. 

"I just don't know."

"Then what are you going to do? Sit back and wait for him to try and kill you? He has to have some other ulterior motive then trying to scare you and I think we both know what that is." 

"I just...It's different using small spells for simple things and teaching my coven spells but I haven't used powerful magic in a very long time."

"What about the war? Did you not use powerful magic then?"

"No. They were basic spells used to help the werewolves win and that's it. I didn't create some horrid spell to wipe them all out. I aided them and that was that."

"So you're scared to tap back into how powerful you can be," I stated. 

"I am." 

"Alara that dark magic is gone, you said it yourself. Those years spent with those other witches, they stopped it." 

"No, they contained it. You only get rid of it by dying, Alec. You're proof of that. It may not be consuming me anymore, but I still got the juice. One wrong spell can lead me towards a path of destruction and I don't want that. I'm like an addicted alcoholic that's trying to stay sober. One wrong move and I'm done for."

"Does anyone else know that?"

"No, as far as anyone else knows...I'm completely dark magic free." 

I frowned. Why would she keep that from Evan? Plus, if the king found out, he'd lock her up again. 

Then again, I see why she wouldn't want to tell anyone. 

"So the witches think they stopped it?" She nodded, looking away. 

"Weird how one can act like they don't have demons residing within them," she snorted. "I mastered it over the years. I can still hear them sometimes, you know. I'm hollow, don't get me wrong there isn't much left of it, but sometimes it's like a whisper in the wind. It scares me...knowing that, that magic still lurks within me."

"Then I'll help you." she gave me a confused look. 

"What?"

"There are spells to numb parts of a witch's powers. I can cast it and help you...put it in a cage almost. I never could do it on myself, every time I tried those voices overpowered me because there was so much dark magic within me...but since you have very little left it could work, and it will never open unless you're the one that taps into it willingly." her eyes lit up at the thought. 

"Are you serious?"

"Completely." 

"When can we do it?"

"The next full moon. I will need strong energy to do it. The full moon should do just that." She smiled. 

"Thank you, Alec." I gave her a faint smile. 

"It's the least I can do."

She looked at her watch and sighed. "I have to go meet Scarlett and the coven. Will you be fine here alone with Evan?" 

"I think I can handle myself." I joked. 

She walked past me, resting her hand on my should as if saying 'thank you' and made her way out. 

My mind drifted back to the walker. I needed to know more about him to fully understand what he is capable of. I didn't like the idea of him coming after my sister. 

I knew Alara had many books on supernatural creatures, so I needed to find her reading room. I walked outside and saw Evan walking off. 

"Evan!" I called out, halting him. 

"What?" he snapped and I fought the urge to roll my eyes. 

"Where is Alara's reading room?"

"And I'd tell you that...why?"

"Evan now isn't the time for your banter." I snapped. 

"Forgive me that I don't really trust you." 

"And you have every reason not to, but I'm not here to care what you think about me."

"If you weren't her brother I'd kill you," he growled out. 

"Looks like we have something in common. Where is her reading room?"

"I'm not telling you. As I said, I don't trust you."

"Look. I don't like you, quite honestly I hate you, but for some odd reason you make her happy and that is all that matters. So my opinion on you? Doesn't matter. Yes, I was a horrid man once but that is no longer me. It is something you'll never understand and I don't expect you to. You don't know the behind the scenes and how things truly came to be. So hop off my ass and tell me where the damn reading room is before I compel it out of you." 

He gritted his jaw. "By the courtyard."

"Thanks, pal." I mused and went on my happy way. 

Once I found it, I walked in looking around. She has mom's taste. 

I went to her books and looked through them until I came across the one I was looking for. It was a supernatural beings book. One passed through our witch generations. 

I flipped it open, skimming through it until I came across a section on shifters, or as they liked to be called: walkers. 

I sat down on a nearby couch and started reading. 

'Walkers are a powerful supernatural creature. With being able to control minds, invading dreams, and even taking on the face of another supernatural being, they aren't one that someone would want on their bad side. They were the first creature that witches ever created. Their original job was to keep other witches in line. Though, they soon overpowered them and left without a trace. Walkers are rare and there are only four of them in existence. They can only be stopped from one of the four original covens. The Rassitos, the Rosaries, the Lianders, and last, the Lavenders.'

So we had the power to stop him? How?

'They are known for their mind games. Most being cat and mouse. They tease and taunt their victims until they know each and everything about them until they go in for the final kill. They are known for siphoning power-'

I stopped reading when it dawned on me. 

He wasn't just terrorizing her. 

He was sizing her up. 

He wants her powers.

___________________________________________________________________________

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

I updated wooo

VOTE

COMMENT 

SHARE!

WHAT DO U THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT?!