Chapter Thirty-Three|| Darkness

{Alara's POV}

"So you're telling us that the moon goddess contacted you and told you all that? Are you sure it was her?" Alec asked after I told them every part of the conversation I had just had with the Goddess herself.

"Yes as crazy as it sounds." I let out a breath of air I didn't know I was holding.

"Wow..." Evan mumbled.

I realized how crazy it must have sounded to him. I just spoke to the woman he prayed to every night and she was nothing but a mere witch.

"So there is no other way to control the black magic?" Alec asked and I shook my head.

"Not according to her."

"Well, we can continue this conversation tomorrow. You need to eat and get some rest. I know that took a lot out of you. I have to go to pack training in a few but I'll be back later." Evan stated, placing a kiss on my forehead.

I smiled, nodding to him and watched him retreat from the kitchen. Alec leaned up against the counter, folding his arms in thought.

"What's on your mind?" I asked, fixing me a plate from what Evan had cooked.

"Nothing really. I was just hoping there was a way for you to control the black magic. That way you won't be living in fear all the time."

I shrugged. "She said since I have it locked up I should be fine. That gave me some comfort."

"So you'll start practicing magic again more frequently? It's weakening you day after day of not practicing."

"Yeah...I think I will." I replied and he gave me a small smile.

"Good. You worry me too much." he chuckled.

I shot him a grin. "I'm your little sister, it's my job."

"So you finally admit you're the little sister. I knew you could do it." he joked.

"Only by a few minutes!" I pointed out.

"Yeah yeah...still makes me older." he winked.

He walked over, resting his hand on my shoulder and gave it a squeeze. "Rest up, you look like you need it."

"Hey!" I yelled as he started to walk off hearing his laughter.

I laughed to myself, shaking my head. Leaning back in my chair, I realized how everything had changed so much lately. I was close with Alec now. Something I never thought would happen.

Evan and I were finally somewhat back to our normal selves and I am now starting to become happy again. The fact that I now know I can potentially weaken and stop this shifter meant a lot, which also meant after it was does I could stop looking over my shoulder all the time.

After dinner, I went upstairs and showered and got ready for bed. I didn't realize how long I had been out for talking to the Goddess.

I laid down in bed and stared at the ceiling. I can do this...I know I can.

It was just scary to think about. This was a powerful being I was going against.

But...with the help of Alec, I know we'd conquer this. The Goddess said we're stronger together after all.

I rolled over on my side seeing the moonlight peak through the window.

I was about to close my eyes when I saw a reflection in the window and I jumped up seeing the familiar face. I quickly looked behind me but no one was there.

My heart pounded in my chest as I slowly got up out of bed.

'Come home...something isn't right.' I mind linked Evan.