Chapter Fifteen|| Trust me

{Alara's POV}

"You can't be serious right now," Evan growled out. 

"He's my brother, Evan!"

"I don't give a damn! He's a brother that tried to kill the both of us... multiple times, might I add." 

"And now I know why! All these years I sat and wondered why he acted the way he did...why he would ever get involved in dark magic and why he would even lay his hands on our own mother and I finally got the answers I've been wanting. I finally have a grasp onto how this dark magic came to be in our family." 

Maybe it was the prominent hurting shown in my eyes or maybe he gave up, either way, he let the subject go. "Whatever, but if he tries anything...I'm putting him six feet under. Permanently." with that, he left the kitchen, leaving me to my thoughts. 

Alec was just in the room next to me and it felt like a dream. Hell, maybe this was a dream. He was...normal?

No hatred, no sneakiness, nothing. Just...him. I never thought I'd see him again and I sure as hell never thought I would get the answers my heart and mind desired for years. 

A knock on the door brought me from my thoughts. "Come in."

Alec peeked his head through and looked around, most likely looking to see if Evan was still here in the kitchen with me, before he walked in. 

"I see Evan still hates me." he mused. 

"Can you blame him?" Alec sighed, shaking his head. 

"No, I suppose I can't."

"Why...just why did you never tell me?"

"I don't know, Alara. I wish I could tell you. I was so far gone...some days I didn't even know my own name. I just had these dark voices whispering to me each morning and night. I used to toss and turn in my sleep just listening to them whisper nothing good to me." 

His eyes finally met mine. "I'm sorry you had to go through what I did. I can only hope it wasn't as bad as what happened to me." I snorted. 

"Worse actually." his brows raised. 

"How so?"

"I used dark magic to a bad advantage. I helped Evan turn the Malevolent Pack into something much horrible than it originally was. We killed, hunted, and did it all with a smile and no looking back. I turned Evan...dark, much like myself. I used dark magic to make him stronger like myself. It only ended badly."

"How did that end exactly?" 

"King Christian came after us...he stopped us." 

"There would be no way he could have stopped you. You were too powerful."

"He killed Evan so it weakened the bond and he had an advantage over me. When it did, it was such a powerful demolish of a strong link within me that it dulled the dark magic for a bit. There were twenty witches chanting around me and they managed to get some of the darkness out of me but I eventually threw them away from me with some spell. When I found Evan...he was dead."

"And he obviously isn't now."

"Because King Christian put a spell on him. With the snap of his fingers, Evan dies and with another snap, he can make him wake back up as good as new. He knew that I'd do anything to save Evan, even if that meant going back with them and letting those witches prod around in my brain until each matter of that black darkness was gone...and I did."

"But?"

"But they took him from me. For years I struggled to keep myself alive from being away from him for so long. I didn't know what happened to him, but the times Christian visited me at the place I was kept, he told me he was fine and that he was still alive." I let out a humorless laugh. "They tortured him countless days and countless nights. He didn't even get to see the sun. They kept him in some dark pit like a mutt."