Chapter One

{A/N: Hope you enjoy this fanfic! :) ~Taylor~}

Torn; Chapter One:

My nightmares arise again. I sit upright in bed, screaming, but nobody was around to comfort me. My heart races at the dream I just had. The reoccurring dream of my parents dying, along with my sister. I get out of bed and walk downstairs to the dark, eerie kitchen. I look at the dark surroundings, seeing figures in the dark. My family had died two days ago in a fatal car crash, and it was EVERYWHERE! I flipped on the small T.V. we had installed in the kitchen a few years ago. The news came on immediately.

"And the accident involving the Kesler family, excluding their eldest daughter, Madison, was very much fatal. As we said before, we have yet to find out what happened, but we suspect Mr. Robertson was in the wrong lane. This was the highway the crash occurred on. Back to Kendall in the studio," the blond haired reporter said on a dark highway with cars driving passed. A tear stroked my cheek as I turned off the T.V. I sat in complete darkness. The sounds of people passing my house made me jump. The press had been trying to get in my house since the hospital had called about the accident. I had seen my dead family everyday since then, but they forced me to come home at night.

I got up and walked back upstairs to my parents' bedroom. I climbed into their California King bed, feeling the security of the warm comforter. I remember the last time my parents had slept in this bed. The tears fall harder; I try to wipe them away as fast as possible. They keep falling so I give up. I lay in a bed of tears until I fall asleep.