Chapter Nineteen

Torn; Chapter Nineteen

~Two Weeks Later~

"We'll see you soon! We will all keep in touch!" Louis said, giving me a hug. They were leaving for the airport. They were going to North America for their tour.

"Now, don't wreck your car. I paid good money for it just for you," Harry said with a laugh. He had bought me a car, which I hadn't asked for, since I passed my driver's test the first time. I gave him a quick hug.

"Don't have a food fight without me," Niall said seriously.

"I definitely won't," I replied in the same amount of seriousness. He smiled before giving me a hug.

"I am not going to warn you of anything. Have fun on the rollercoaster that is life," Zayn said. I laughed as we gave each other a tight hug. We had become really close in the past few weeks.

"Madison, the house is yours for the next month. Don't throw any parties without Uncle Simon knowing. Keep the house locked when you're asleep and away. All thes valuables will get stolen. Oh, and don't go in Harry's room. There is no telling what is in there," Liam warned.

"Okay, daddy," I said in a playful tone. They waved before leaving the house. I watched them catch a cab so they didn't have to leave their cars at the airport for a while. I closed the door once they were down the road. I needed to get ready for work. I had gotten the job at Starbucks, and Jake and I had become closer and closer, but we hadn't hung out because of the boys. I didn't want them to freak out.

To Jake: Hey, wanna hang out after work?

From Jake: Yeah, I'll pick you up at six. See you at work, babe. ;)

I smiled at the text. He had called me babe. I skipped upstairs and into the shower, letting the warm water run down my bare back. When I got out, the cool air cut into my skin. I wrapped the towel around me and scrambled to my room. I got dressed in my stupid uniform and grabbed my phone. I checked it, not having any new notifications. I ran downstairs since I was behind schedule anyway. I grabbed aorange juice, opening it with my teeth while I ran out the door. I got into my new light blue,convertible Audi, that matched Harry's except the color. As soon as I started the car, One Thing blasted through the radio.

"Harry," I growled under my breath. I changed the CD to the radio, but that didn't help any. They were on almost every station I changed it to. "Here," I mumbled, plugging my phone into the plug in in my car. Cher Lloyd's Want U Back came on. I loved Cher. I put down my rag-top and started to drive to work.

~~~

I brushed my hair before getting out of the car. I pushed it into a ponytail just before I walked inside the doors.

"Good morning, Madison," a red-headed girl said. I waved to her before putting the my things in the small locker they had just put in in the break room.

"You always look cute in your uniform," a soft voice whispered into my ear. I knew who it was; Jake. His hands wrapped around my waist. I turned around, his arms still around me.

"What do you mean cute in my uniform? I always look cute," I joked before he pecked my cheek. "I have to work. See ya later." I pushed him away and slid passed him. I walked to the counter, where I was supposed to be, and began taking orders.

~~~~

"Finally, it's time to leave," I sighed just as Jake put his arm around my shoulder.

"I'll meet you at your house," he said, leaving me to go to his car. I sighed as I jumped into mine and drove home. Tonight would have to be kept a secret from the boys.