Chapter Eight

Torn; Chapter Eight:

"Flight 2A is now boarding," a lady over the PA announces.

"That's ours," I say to my uncle. We are leaving for London today. I am dreading the arrival. I don't want to go. I don't want to leave. I want to stay here, but I ignore my thoughts and follow my uncle onto the flight.

Once everyone is boarded, the flight attendant goes over the usual safety measures. I sigh as we sit in uncomfortable silence. First class is not my way to fly. I lay my head down against the headrest and fall into a deep sleep. I don't want to wake up until we land.

~~~~

"You must have been tired," Simon says as we exit the plane.

"I woke up a few times to eat," I reply. We grab our bags from the baggage claim and head to a parking area where a limo waits. "Wow."

"Thank you, Mason," he says as he gets into the back of the limo. I follow him. I look around. A mini refrigerator sits against the wall right beside the door. A row of seats sits across from the seats Simon and I are sitting in. Colorful lights begin to light up as we move.

"This is so cool!" I exclaim.

"Glad you think so," he says with a chuckle. I grin as I look out the blackened windows.

~~~~

"IS THIS YOUR HOUSE?!" I yell as we pull up to a mansion.

"One of them." Someone grabs our bags out of the trunk and brings them in for us.

"GIVE IT BACK!" I hear someone yell from upstairs.

"NO! IT'S MINE!" I hear another voice.

"LADS, STOP!" Another voice. I turn to my uncle, who isn't paying attention.

"Go check," one of the ladies working here says. I shake my head and go into the kitchen, forgetting the voices. They seem to have fade away.

"BOYS!" Simon yells upstairs. A chorus of, "COMING!" comes from upstairs. The pounding of feet on the floor gives me chills, thinking the floor is going to cave in.

"Yes?" a British accent says from closer down the stairs. Simon steps back, allowing me to see their faces.

"OH MY GOD!" I fake a scream. "ARE YOU LIKE THE ONE AND ONLY ONE DIRECTION?!" I really didn't care much for the band, but I thought it'd make a good show. They nod. "UNCLE SIMON! You didn't tell me I'd be living in a house full of smelly boys." I grin as a confused look crosses all of their faces. "I don't really care, boys. Sorry. Where is my room?"

"Harry will show you," a boy wearing red pants, a striped shirt, and Toms said, pointing to a curly haired boy.

"Thanks, Lou," the curly haired one said. I laughed as I followed him upstairs, grabbing my suitcase along the way. "Need help?"

"No, I got it." I heaved it up the stairs and down the hall to my bedroom. He swings the door open. Four walls covered in One Direction posters pops in my face. "You have got to be kidding me." I groan as I throw my suitcase into the bedroom.

"Louis and Niall did it," he replies innocently.

"I bet they did." He remains standing there as I look around. I push passed him, wanting to go back downstairs.

"Really?!" I exclaim as they all turn to face me.

"What?" the same boy as before said.

"YOU TOTALLY STOLE MY SEAT!" I yell. A blond haired boy begins laughing, LOUD! "Okay, okay. It wasn't that funny."

"I'm Liam," a boy in plaid says. "This is Louis." He points to the boy wearing stripes. "That's Zayn." He pointed to a boy with dark brown looking hair wearing a Varsity jacket. "Oh, and that's Niall." He points to the blond haired boy. "You have already met Harry."

"I'm Madison, and you're in my seat," I snear. They ignore me and return to watching TV. "Whatever. I am going out back to swim." I walk upstairs and change into my cheetah bathing suit. I put my dirty blond hair into a messy bun, grab my sunglasses, and walk out into the back yard where the pool is.

"YEAH BUDDY!" I hear someone yell. I look up to see the five boys walking outside in their swimming trunks. Anger boils through me.