Chapter Twenty

Torn; Chapter Twenty

"Hey, babe," Jake said, exiting his car. I smiled as he wrapped his arms around me. I unlocked the door to Uncle Simon's house and lead him in. "Nice house, but who all lives here?" I look around at the empty pizza boxes and beer cans laying on the floor from last night.

"My uncle and me," I lied.

"Someone else lives here. I know your uncle is away, and I don't see you drinking all of this, plus eating five pizzas by yourself."

"Fine, One Direction live here," I sigh. He smirks.

"So five guys and one girl in the house. They have to have taught you something." He winked before pulling me on the couch.

"Um... no. All we do is play video games, watch movies, and swim."

"Oh, swim," he said with a wink. I rolled my eyes before switching on the tv. Nothing was on so I put in a movie; Toy Story. He got up and left.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To the bathroom."

"First door on the right."

I sat on the couch in silence before pulling out my phone. I hadn't check it since this morning, and apparently I had received eight messages and ten missed calls. I checked the messages.

From Liam: Hey, are you okay? Just checking in. Don't have anyone over, except for El, Cher, or Dani. No boys. Simon doesn't allow it.

From Zayn: Hello? Answer Liam please.

From Niall: Are you ignoring us all? Hello?! ANSWER SOMEONE!

From El: Can you answer the boys, please? They have called everyone and now everyone is trying to get a hold of you, but nobody can seem to get to you.

From Cher: Hey, brat ;) Can you text one of us back? We'd really appreciate it considering everyone is worried! Answer us!!!????

From Haz: ANSWER ONE OF US OR I WILL FLY BACK HOME TO CHECK ON YOU!!!

From Dani: The boys are worried sick, and so am I, El, and Cher. Answer one of us before Harry or Niall has a break down. xoxo

From Lou: Okay, Carrot Stealer, answer your phone or I will call Simon. He will fly home from the show to see how you are. Answer us!!!! HELLO? YOU AREN'T HELPING YOURSELF!

I laughed and answered Liam.

To Liam: Yes, I am fine. Jeez, get the whole neighborhood after me ;) & Okay, no boys. Got it.

I winced at the small lie I was telling, but they wouldn't find out. I clicked off my messages and got on Twitter. I scrolled through the worried tweets of the lads and laughed at the new Sugarscape article that had popped up on my feed withing two minutes. I read the title:

Harry Styles dating his Mentor's Neice? True or False.

"Wow, Scape, you have really outdone yourself," I mumbled to myself. I got off Twitter and got on Instagram. I scrolled through the many pictures of my friends. I smiled, coming upon one of River and a baby.

@RivMason: Another baby in the house sure is loud. Can't wait to get out of this chaos!

@madison_xoxo: Another one?! Congrats! <3 xoxo

Jake entered the room. He sat down beside me, hugging me tight as we finished the movie and fell asleep on the couch.