Chapter Twelve

Torn; Chapter Twelve

"Truth," Louis finally says. It seemed like a century until he answered. I sat still, waiting for Harry to ask something pretty embarrassing or super gross. It wouldn't have surprised me.

"Have you and El had sex?" he asks.

"I WILL NOT ANSWER THAT!" he screams.

"You have to," Harry whines. Louis sits silently.

"Fine, Louis doesn't have to answer that one," Liam says.

"Fine," Harry mumbles. It moves on to me.

"Madison, truth or dare?" Louis says. I think for less than a second.

"Truth!" I yell. Everyone looks disappointed. I smile weakly before Louis says my truth.

"If you could kiss two people in this room, who would it be?" he asks. I ponder on the question. It wouldn't be Zayn because I didn't know him well. We have only said like three words to each other. It wouldn't be Louis or Liam because they both had girlfriends. It wouldn't be Josh. I barely knew him either. That left the two people who got on my nerves the most. Niall and Harry. I sighed, knowing this would be held against me until I died.

"Harry and Niall," I say seriously. They both looked at me with wide-eyes then turned to one another. Harry mouthed, "What the hell?" to Niall who just shrugged his shoulders. Everyone laughed at their confused faces. Niall was staring at me on one side; Harry was staring at me on the other. "Guys, stop! I barely know the others, and Louis and Liam have girlfriends. You two were the only ones left. It's not like I like you!" I shrieked before getting up and running off. "Why are guys such assholes," I muttered under my breath.

I slammed my door once I was in my room. I threw my magazine off my bed and put my phone on my bedside table. I laid down on my bed, sobbing into my pillow. I don't want this. I don't want to live with five famous people, not including my uncle. I wanted my old life back. My mom. My dad. My sister. I wanted them back. I heard footsteps coming up the stair case. I pulled my duvet over my head and sobbed some more. I didn't want anyone to help me. I don't need help. I am fine by myself.

"Madison?" I heard a soft voice say through the door as they knocked.

"GO AWAY!" I yelled through my tears. The door creaked open and in came Zayn. Of all people, Zayn had to be the one I didn't know well.

"Why are you crying?" he asked, serious and confused. He looked me in the eyes, just as my dad used to do. That only made the tears fall faster.

"M... my f...fam-" I was cut off. I couldn't talk. Zayn sat in front of me, still staring into my eyes. I wasn't attracted to him, but he was making me feel better.

"It's alright, Mad. You can talk to me. Most people do." He rubbed my back to comfort me. Relief ran through me.

"Harry and Niall don't get it. They think I can automatically like someone, but I can't. My family died just a few days ago. There is no way I could possibly like someone right now." I look down at my floor, kicking my feet around.

"It's okay. I'm sure they understand, but everyone is worried about you."

"Well, I don't see why. If someone was worried about me, they'd come check on me." I know I sound mean, but it was the truth to me. None of my friends cared, except River. No one had come to check on me in America. If anyone did come, it was for tv. Nobody seemed to care.

"If they didn't care, would I be up here?" I look at him sideways, finally understanding. They had sent Zayn up here to check on me. They all knew he was the one everyone talked to. They all knew I'd talk to him. I looked at Zayn before walking downstairs. I saw all the boys sitting on the floor. The sad faces made me want to run back upstairs and cry. Josh noticed me first. He stood up, as did everyone else. I smiled at them. The five boys standing before me were probably the most caring ones I'd ever met. Zayn came down after me.

"I love you all," I finally said.