Chapter Eighteen: Ethan is rebuffed

Warning sexual content. Rated R!

Chapter Eighteen: Ethan is rebuffed.

                Ethan flipped

                Ethan waited to visit Candy this morning he had heard from the nurse that Candy had, had a nightmare that sent her into hysterics. Currently, her parents were in the room with her, trying to comfort her. Ethan held his hands to his head and tried to stay positive; the Doctors had been worried about her state of mind and suggested counseling. Sam had called the hospital and was given her progress with Christian's consent; however, she was not allowed to come in until she was home, Sam was uncontrollably upset for Candy, and they felt her instability may not be wanted as of yet; Christian had informed Sam’s parents that Sam was not only to blame and not to punish her for what happened to their daughter.

                Candy flipped  

                Her parents had just come into the room when the nurse had given her medication for the pain, they both looked extremely tired and very worried. Candy was rasping with her voice, so talking on her part was going to be hard.  

                Candy’s mother held her in her arms as she cried, “Oh, honey, I am so sorry. I am more regretful than I have ever been in my life. We have no excuse sweetie; we left you alone for too long.”

                “Why,” Candy coughed out.

                Both of her parents looked to each other and sighed, “It is a long story honey, are you sure you want to hear it?”

                She nodded her head and waited; they started off by telling her that they had problems starting two years ago; dad had been traveling a lot, and mom felt neglected, so she started traveling with him, she became pregnant with a baby, which was risky, and she eventually had a miscarriage.  

                Candy’s eyes filled with tears at the thought of her mother suffering in such a way.

                They finished in telling her that after much thought and fighting that they had forgiven each other, and they hoped she could forgive them as well.

                Candy felt bereft and said, “It will take time, but if we work on it, we will be able to."

                It was all they could hope for.

                “Why, Ethan here?” she gasped.

                “He is here because he loves you, Candy,” her mother said.

                Candy shook her head and said, “Doesn't."

                “But he does darling,” her father stated.

                “He…feels sorry for me,” she rasped.