Chapter Twenty-Three: Pillow Talk and a Little Heartache

Rated R material! Sexual.

Chapter Twenty-Three: Pillow Talk and a Little Heartbreak

Candy flipped

It was her and Sam’s sleep over tonight; Ethan left the house to go to the main house to watch the ball game with her father; they had been blissfully happy the past few days of living in birth controlled sin. It was heaven to be with Ethan sexually again. He was such a supportive man; she had taken her tests and had passed and could graduate high school early. She was a free woman. They even discussed setting a wedding date.

 Candy had their junk fest laid out before the big screen, and the choicest Hugh Jackman movies lined up. She felt a smile cross her lips as she heard her door bell peel. She had called Sam and gave her directions to her and Ethan’s new home. As usual, Sam was right on time.

“Hey, chica!” Candy yelled as she opened the door.

Sam yelled and hugged her tightly.

“Oh, boy, have I missed you!” She yelled.

 Candy and Sam hugged for a moment more, and then she led the way into her new home with Ethan.

“You like it, huh? Ethan and I are comfortable, so comfortable that I almost have Ethan talked into a winter wedding!”

“That’s great, Candy. I am so very happy for you,” her voice wilted slightly at the end.

“What’s wrong, Sam?”

“My parents are still very upset with me over the incident. I can’t have a moment's peace in that house anymore,” she confessed.

Candy had a look of upset on her face as she said, “But why? We have forgiven you; it wasn’t your fault!”

Sam could not attest to that statement, but she replied, “They want to send me away to NYU, to study art. They think it will straighten me out. The staff will watch over me, and I will have to check in every week.”

Candy felt her heart thump in her chest; Sam was leaving?

They sat on the couch, and Candy said, “You’re leaving?”

“I don’t really know, Candy. I want to and yet I will miss you, and I will miss…” she stopped.

“Who else, Sam?” Candy coaxed.

“Do you remember the officer who carried you out of the tunnels? He and I have been in contact since then, only friendly chat about the problems I have been having since your abduction, and he has been so nice and very sweet, and I know I am a fool since Paul. However, the feeling is different; I am not obsessed with Jack; I feel a deep affection that I never felt with Paul; it isn’t even sexual, just comforting,” she replied.