✒ Chapter 12 ✒

Song: James Arthur - Certain Things

Hey guys, I just wanted to see how you were doing.

I was so excited to update this chapter. Well a certain part of the chapter.

Remember that Zion loves you and please don't be a silent reader.

Bye!

~~~ Chapter Begins ~~~

The week following the beach party, I avoided Zion like the plague.

Despite what anyone would think, it wasn't even that I was embarrassed that we almost kissed.

I was scared.

I was letting someone break down the walls I, so carefully, built years ago.

And that scared me.

I haven't liked anyone since my mom died and the fact that I get butterflies and the incredible urge to kiss Zion is kind of freaking me out a bit.

Yesterday I wasn't thinking.

And doing reckless moves like that killed my sister, mother and my brother.

I was a murderer in a sense.

And Zion didn't need that in his life anyways.

| ~ | • | ~ |

When I got to school the next day, a Tuesday, I did not expect Izzy to come barreling towards me.

"Mia!" She screamed.

I tried to hide my face when everyone was looking at her like she just said that her parents were cows.

"Why - didn't - you - tell - me!" She came to a stop across from me, panting heavily between each word with her hands on her knees.

I look at her confused.

Finally catching her breath, she finishes speaking.

"That you almost kissed Zion."

I gasped in surprise. How did she know about that?

She must have read my face.

"Someone said they saw you and him walking down the shore and he leaned in but someone interrupted you."

Stupid gossiping kids...

I nod shyly confirming that that happened.

"So that leads me back to my previous question, why didn't you tell me?"

Since I had been by my locker, I took the board off of it and opened the dry erase marker.

'I was going to today.'

Lie.

I am kind of glad she found out because then I didn't have to make the decision to tell her.

'Plus, it just happened a couple nights ago.'

"Oh. Well, I want all of the details."

So I tell her.

"Oh my gosh, I so ship you guys." She squeals.

What's a ship?

"Why do you look so confused?" She asked after she was done fangirling.

'What's a ship?' I wrote.

At first, she looked confused, but then she realized what I meant.

"It is so adorable that you don't know what that is." She said holding her hand over her heart with a loving look on her face.

"Oh, shipping someone is when you see two people and you want them to be together. You would silently squeal over them with a bowl of popcorn as you give them ship names. Yours would be Mion or Zia or tayonu or kuwonor or - "

I cut her off by showing her, my board.

'I get it! You are really good at that, now let's go to class, yeah?'

She nods, putting an arm through mine and we are off.

| ~ | • | ~ |

For the rest of the week, whenever I saw Zion, I would walk the other way.

I think he was beginning to notice because whenever I see him he seems to be looking for someone.

"Mia!" A voice called from behind me, effectively breaking me from my thoughts.

Although I would like to be disappointed, and I really want to, I find myself actually missing that deep and angelic voice.

"Beautiful." I hear that familiar nickname.

I don't turn yet as I am trying to get rid of my blush.

"Hey, Zion." I sign happily.

"Hey, where have you been, I was looking for you everywhere."

"Yeah, I've just been busy."

I know he doesn't believe me. I can see it in his eyes. He probably knows that last weekend beyond embarrassed me and just doesn't want to make it worse. Or maybe he just doesn't care, I don't know.

"OK, well, you're here now, did you already eat?"

I was currently at this cute diner I found while walking around town. It was called 'The Diner', which isn't very creative if you ask me. But when I walked in, I immediately knew why there were so many people.

The walls were a blue color and the floors were tiled brown. There were booths lining the wall and at the counter were seats. Along with the lights hanging above each booth, the music was soothing making this place give off a comfortable feel.

I will definitely be coming back here.

"Hello, is anyone home?"

"Very funny." I signed sarcastically.

"But no. I didn't eat yet."

"Well," He started, there was a certain hope in his eyes.

"Care to join me?"

I wanted to say no. I really needed to distance myself from him. I can't get too close.

I shake my head.

"Oh, come on, not even for a few minutes. Please will you join me?" He practically begged.

I sigh, staying here would include getting closer to him. Mor than I already am.

I can't get too close. I tell myself.

I don't wanna hurt him.

He'll end up like the rest of them.

With these thoughts in my mind I ask myself one question.

Am I ready to defy my father and give whatever I was feeling a chance?

"Yes."

~~~ Chapter Ends ~~~

So Mia is going to talk to him finally after a week.

What do you think they will talk about?

Do you think they will bring up the almost kiss?