✒ Chapter 17 ✒

Song: HELLYEAH - Hush

(This song is a great describer of what Mia goes through. It's a little harsh, I know, but the words are what I heard the most.)

Also, I just wanted to this time to thank everyone who has read my book! I am being completely honest when I say that I did not expect so many people to read this. If you didn't know already my book is now 812 in teen-fiction and I couldn't be more ecstatic. Again thank you and enjoy!

~~~ Chapter Begins ~~~

M I A ' S P O V

The first thing that registers to me when I wake up is that one ear is missing an earring.

Now any other time I wouldn't care, but these ones happen to be my favorite pair.

The second thing I register is that one of my legs are unnaturally cold.

I shiver and suddenly warmth is on me once again.

"Wake up beautiful." A male voice called. I knew that voice.

I had to see his face.

I force my eyes to open and as they flutter a light blinds my senses.

I groan.

"Mia?" That deep and angelic voice I am all too familiar asks.

The smile on his face becomes big and in is then that I realized how much I missed it.

I opened my mouth to speak but remember I can't talk.

I point to my throat weekly to show that I am thirsty. For some reason my throat is incredibly dry.

How long have I been out?

He ran out the room and came back with a little hospital cup filled with water.

"How long have I been out?" I sign as I put the cup on the table near my bed.

"About two days, the doctor said that your body is incredibly weak." He said.

We shared a moment of silence.

"I never really realized how much I would miss those beautiful eyes until they were gone." And of course I blushed.

We sat there for a while, lightly chatting, and signing, as the day went by. Zion never asked questions about why I was like this and I was thankful for that.

"You wanna know what the doctors told me?"

I nodded, sort of panicking. Does he know? Do they know?

"You have a tattoo." I sighed in relief and showed him my arm holding my 1 year old tattoo.

"Manatiling malakas" He read.

It means "Stay Strong" in Filipino.

X XVIII XV was also written there. Next to the name Maya Andrews.

"Who is she?" He asked and before I could answer the door opened.

"Mia Andrews." A man asked. He had on a doctors coat on so it was pretty obvious who he was.

"Hi sweetheart my name is Doctor Bronze, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"My leg hurts." Dr.Bronze gets a look of confusion.