✒ Chapter 15 ✒

Song: Sia: Titanium (David Guetta)

Question: Who is your favorite PRETTYMUCH singer.

Zion:

Austin:

Edwin:

Nick:

Brandon:

Obviously mine is Zion.

I mean, look at that face 😍😍😍 ⬇

Also, how did you find my book?

~~~ Chapter Begins ~~~

8 years ago...

I frantically wiped my eyes as I looked through the many cracks of my closet door.

Daddy did it again.

He went out and when he came back, his eyes were red and he stinked.

Whenever daddy was like this he would hit me.

A lot.

"Oh, Mia." He sang in a weird voice.

His words were mixing together.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are."

This was his game.

He called it hide and seek.

I called it hide or be hurt.

I felt my heart speed up when the door to my room was busted open.

"I know you're here, I can smell you."

I was crying so hard now.

'Mommy, help me please' I said in my head.

The door to my closet slammed open while I was praying to God to send my mommy to help me.

I wanted to scream.

To yell for help.

To do anything.

But I couldn't speak.

'Daddy, please don't hurt me.'

I was so scared.

He told me he wouldn't do this anymore.

He told me he would stop.

I was a fool to believe him.

"I won't hurt you..." He said.

I sighed in relief and a big smile stretched across my tear stained face.

"I won't hurt you if you ask me out loud." The smile instantly dropped and his smile widened.

I shook my head in fear while backing up.

No, no, no.

I opened my mouth to speak.

To say anything.

But I couldn't.

He smirked.

"Well then..."

And he had his fun.

***

I woke up with a start.

My whole body ached and I looked around to see that I was laying in the living room.

Blood was dried and crusted onto my skin and my tan stomach was an ugly blue-purple color.

I sat up and groaned at the pain in my head.

The clock above the wall of the kitchen's walk-way said that it was 8:30am.

I still had time to go to school. I thought after a moment of just lying there. I promised her I wouldn't let anything stop me from going and I wouldn't break it now.

Walking up the stairs nearly killed me but once I got in the shower, I set the water to boiling hot and let it beat down on my skin.

After a few minutes I got out and got dressed, making sure to put a hoodie over it, to cover my bruises.

I learned that I would regret that because today it was really hot.

You promised her. Was my motivational thought before I sighed and began a painfully long walk to school.

| ~ | • | ~ |

I made it.

Despite the aching body and searing headache, and the tiredness that weighed me down.

I made it.

I was late for my first and second class period and lunch was about to start.

By the time I got to the school doors, the bell rang and students rushed out to get to the lunch room, pushing me around with them.

It hurt, of course, but when you have been going through 8 years of abuse, you get used to it. It doesn't lesson at all, it just becomes apart of you.

I felt so pathetic knowing that I got abused for so long. People would laugh if I told.

He would come for me if I told.

Lunch passed with very suspicious looks from my new 'group' of friends.

Especially Zion.

The way his eyes scrutinized me, as if I were the world's hardest puzzle.

I couldn't take it anymore.

Zion was still staring at me so I quickly signed to him.

"Could you tell them that I am leaving early? I need to use the bathroom." I say standing up.

He nods and relays my message. They all said their goodbyes before I walked out of the cafeteria.

I was so tired that as soon as I was out of anyone's sight, my body slumped.

My body was on fire and my leg felt as if it would fall off.

'Oh, God, help me.' I thought as I fell back against some random lockers.

I thought I heard someone call my name, but I was already out of it.

When I looked down, I see that my leg is bleeding, right through my pants in fact.

And that's when everything goes black.

~~~ Chapter Ends ~~~