✒ Chapter 21 ✒

Song: Why Don't We - Free

(Because why not?)

A/N: Guys, in the last chapter Mia talked when she wasn't supposed to. I keep forgetting that she can't talk so that was not intentional, pretend like it didn't happen.

Thank you Popbunny for catching that!!!

*** Chapter Begins ***

Pain.

Everywhere; in my bones, in my skin, in my soul.

It's all I feel as I slowly wake up.

Then the memories hit me.

I groan.

"Beautiful?" A voice calls out to me.

I weakly raise both of my hands.

"We have got to stop meeting like this." I try to joke.

Zion doesn't laugh.

"Don't ever scare me like that." Zion says. "Your heart stopped for 2 whole minutes, Mia. Two." He finished.

My eyes opened and then widened, something I regretted doing the moment it happened.

The lights from the hospital blinded me into closing my eyes back.

"Mia! Only you would open your eyes and blind yourself." He chuckled.

I can just imagine what I look like to him lying in the hospital bed all bruised and battered while signing with my eyes closed.

I am interrupted from my thoughts when the hospital door opened and the same doctor from last time came in.

Doctor Bronze.

"Hi, Mia, how are you feeling?"

I nodded as if to say I am okay but winced as my neck was sore.

Zion noticed.

"Mia don't lie."

I looked back at the doctor and shook my head.

"It's not good to lie about how you feel Mia. A doctor is going to cone in and put pain medicine in your IV to make you feel better. In the meantime I am going to give you a checkup."

After the check up he left and told me relax for a moment.

"Where is she?!" A feminine voice exclaimed.

"Where's Mia!"

Then the door to my hospital room burst open.

This all reminded me of last time.

Izzy rushes in with tears in her eyes and a panicked look on her face.

"Oh, Mia!" She cries in sadness at the sight if me. She then proceeds to run up to me and squeeze me in a hug.

"Ah!" I cry out. She had been crushing my already crushed ribs.

"Sorry!" I nod.

"I missed you so much. You don't even know. I stayed up for days crying in your absence. Don't you ever disappear like that again!" She finishes in unconcealed anger.

I was about to start signing my response, which in my pause I realize she wouldn't understand me, but the door suddenly burst open and a bunch of balloons flew in followed by a group of feet after it.

"Mia!" The group of four boys and a girl exclaim in happiness.

They all rush over to hug me but before they can Izzy's voice rings through the whole room.

"Her ribs are broken so please be careful." Her voice sounds so protective it sends my heart souring to space.

"Sorry." Austin, Edwin, Nick, Brandon, and Skylar all apologize before giving me a card that says get well soon, on the front.

"Mia?" Zion's voice called at the door. I didn't even know he left.

His face looks sad, disappointed. angry even.

"The police report came a few minutes ago about your dad." Her says, but for some reason the way he is talking makes me not want to hear the news.

"He's dissappeared, Mia."

"Your father is gone."

*** Chapter Ends ***

A/N: Okay guys, so here's what I'm thinking. I might end the story on the next chapter. I finally have an idea how I want this to play out and although it wouldn't hurt to keep the story going here, I just thought that the rest could be a new story.

Please give me feedback because I need more opinions.

Bye!!!