✒ Chapter 16 ✒

Song: PRETTYMUCH - Summer on you

(I love love love love love this song!)

~~~ Chapter Begins ~~~

Z I O N ' S P O V:

I knew something was wrong the second she walked into the school building.

Her walk had a slight limp to it and she had dark bags under her eyes.

I was going to ask what was wrong but she had walked into the girls bathroom and I was not about to go in there.

Throughout the whole first half of the day, I had gotten distracted by my theories on Mia's troubles and when kung finally rolled around, I sat there scrutinizing her.

I knew she didn't like it, I was hoping she would say it.

But she didn't.

She just stood up and signed to me. "Could you tell them I am leaving early? I need to use the bathroom." I nodded and relayed her message. Everyone said their bye's before she disappeared around the corner.

I felt someone pinch me. "Ow." I said and looked over to a worried Hayley. "Go talk to her you idiot, see what's wrong." She demands. Any other time I would say no, but this is Mia. And Mia is in pain so I get up and go after her.

"Don't have too much fun." Brandon wiggles his eyebrows.

I laugh and continue on.

When I get outside the cafeteria, I start my search.

It didn't take very long seeing as she didn't get far.

When I found her, she was leaning against the lockers and looking down at her leg.

"Mia!" I yelled but she didn't respond. She didn't even look.

When I look down, I notice that her leg is bleeding and my pace towards her picks up.

Her eyes close an her body slumps, but I catch her and pick her up and carry her to my car.

Starting the engine, I make my way to the hospital.

| ~ | • | ~ |

M I A ' S P O V:

Darkness.

If I could describe in one word what I was seeing at this very moment than it would be: darkness.

My vision is completely pitch black and I feel as if I am being chained down.

Where am I?

I try to move, try to see through the black thickness that is in front of me.

And behind me.

And on both sides of me.

But I can't.

I am surrounded.

All of a sudden I am not chained anymore.

I am falling.

It feels as if my senses are coming back to me as I make my steady descent into more darkness.

And then I stop.

The constant beep of something beside me is aggravating me.

As I try to reach over and stop it, I realize I can't move.

Then I try to open my eyes.

To no avail.

So then I just settle for using the one sense I use the most.

Hearing.

I hear the muffled sound of voices and then a door opens and shuts.

Where am I?

All of a sudden a hand is in mine. It is warm and comforting as it squeezes softly.

"Come back to me, beautiful." A familiar smooth voice floods my ears.

I push to open my eyes.

Fight to break through the barrier and see who it is.

But I can't.

And when I finally give up at the realization, I fall into darkness once again.

~~~ Chapter Ends ~~~