Prologue

A-CHOO!!! A-CHOO!!!

I sneezed while walking home from work on this cold, rainy night. I kind of forgotten my coat and umbrella at home and my attire isn't really appropriate for this weather.

 I kind of forgotten my coat and umbrella at home and my attire isn't really appropriate for this weather

Anyways, this wasn't my idea of spending this night, and I wouldn't say that I was walking home, more like trying to escape my work by walking somewhere before they caught up to me. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my work, just don't wanna be there right now.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw a car slowing down, turned and stopped when it was in front of me.

"Ah fuck my life..." I mumbled under my breath as they rolled the window down. "Look, I would love not to-"

"Me too, but this asshole assisted on getting me out of that bar and going to this damn crime scene. Oh, and don't think you'll be getting out of this either. By the way, I'm Hank Anderson, and this is Connor...the android who ruined my night" The detective said angrily while glaring at the android in the passenger seat. The android proceeded to scan me.

"But I have-" I tried to speak, but Connor had gotten out of the car and held the passenger door open for me. "Please, get in" The android said as I sighed and looked away, pushing my glasses up.

"I can't get out of this, can I?" I asked pleadingly as both gentlemen shook their heads, making me surrender with a sneeze and getting into the passenger seat with the android in the back. The detective started driving as the car ride became silent.....and was silent for a while.

"By the way, how did you know where I was at?" I asked, looking up at the android. "He thought you were in the same bar as me, but you wasn't there. So, we were about to go back to the station, but we see you walking somewhere, freezing your ass off" The detective said as the android sat up in the seat, looking back at me.

"Why were you walking home in the cold without a coat or an umbrella? It's freezing and rainy. Don't you drive to work?" The android asked as I shrugged at his series of questions, curiosity evident in his voice and facial expression. "Left my coat at home, umbrella at school and I was with a friend, so I rode with her instead of driving" I explained, then raised my eyebrow at the detective. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing, just listening. By the way, what do you mean 'school'? Are you a student?" The detective asked as I noticed the android scanning me again, so I didn't bother answering.

"Yes, she's studying at Wayne State University ((yes, this is an actual college in Detroit)) majoring in Computer Engineering. She's been working at the station ever since she was 17, but only as an intern. She offically gotten her position at....very recently" He paused as I nodded. "Yeah. I was only a junior when I gotten that intern spot. It's my first time working with androids" I said as they nod, but his LED went yellow, then back to blue, meaning he must've gotten some more info on me.

"Mind if I ask you a quick question, Dahlia?" He asked as I gave him a thumbs up while checking my phone.

"When I looked up your basic information, it doesn't say your last name. Just your first and middle name: Dahlia Hope. Any reason why?" He asked as the detective glanced my way and I shrugged again. "Don't go by my full legal name anymore. Only go by it if it's for school or work related" I explained as we reached our destination. "Why are we here?" I asked. "To investigate the murder of Carlos Ortiz" Connor explained as I nodded. "Ah" I simply said, rushing to get out of the car before the android could question me more.