Chapter 5

DATE
November 7th, 2038
TIME
01:19:05
LOCATION
Playground

*3rd Person POV*

After the events that took place at the Eden Club, the trio ended up at a playground with all three really tensed up. Hank was outside drinking, Dahlia was sleeping in the back and Connor was staring out of the window, watching her sleep.

He knew he wasn't Deviant, but he wondered why he felt bad when he accidentally shot Dahlia and made her upset. Maybe because he failed his mission and she ended up getting injured, or because he was slowly becoming Deviant, but didn't want to show it.

He left the car and decided to walk over to Hank and talk to him.

"Nice view, huh?" Hank paused before continuing. "I used to come here alot before..." He stopped and drank his beer. "Before what?" Connor asked, slightly curious. "Before...before nothing" Hank replied.

"You should stop drinking, Lieutenant. It can have serious consequences with your health" He said, growing a bit more concerned. "That's the point" Hank said, drinking some more.

"Can I ask you a personal question, Lieutenant?" He asked as Hank sighed. "Does all Androids ask so many personal questions, or is it just you?" He replied, looking at Connor and waited for his question. "I saw a photo of a child and a graduation on your kitchen table...it was your son and daughter...right?" He asked.

"Yeah. My son's name was Cole and, you already know my daughter...she really thinks that I don't know that it's her..." Hank answered. Connor, deciding not to stay on the topic, walked to the railing.

"We aren't making any progress on this investigation. The Deviants have nothing in common. They're different models...produced in different places at different times..." Connor sighed. "They're has to be some link" Hank simply said, watching him.

"They have this obsession with rA9...it's almost some kind of...myth" He paused, thinking of what to say next. "Something that was invented that wasn't apart of their original programing" He said, thinking.

"Androids believing in God...Fuck, what's this world coming to?" Hank said, drinking.

"You seem preoccupied, Lieutenant...is it something that happened back at the Eden Club?" He asked, curious. "Those two girls...they wanted to be together...they seemed...in love" Hank said, thinking.

"There's nothing in their program that allows them to feel love and desire. They're machines" Connor said as Hank stood up.

"What about you, Connor? You sound human, look human...but what are you really?" Hank asked. "Whatever you want me to be, Lieutenant" He answered.

"You almost shot those two girls, instead my daughter took those bullets in their stead. Fucking bastard" Hank pushed Connor. "How did you feel when you shot her?" He asked, getting aggressive.

"She stood in the way. I had no intention of shooting her..." He paused. "However...I...I don't know how I feel. I felt bad about what she said...she's really passionate about androids..." Connor answered, looking down, but his attention went back to Hank when he pulled a gun out and pointed it towards him.

"Are you afraid to die, Connor?" Hank asked as he stood there. "It would be...sad...if I was destroyed before I completed my mission" He answered. "What would happen if I pulled the trigger? Hm? Nothing? Oblivion? Android heaven?" Hank asked, looking Connor dead in the eyes.

"I...I don't know..." Connor said as Hank put the gun down. A gentle sneeze was heard as both gentlemen looked and Dahlia was holding her jacket tightly around her and looked around.

"D? I thought you were asleep..." Hank said as she turned her attention towards them. "I was, but I wanted to get out and walk around a...bit..." She explained as both gentlemen nodded.

"Can I ask a question, Dahlia?" Connor asked as she nodded, walking towards them.

"Why are you passionate about androids?" He asked as she nodded. "Well...I don't know..." She answered, thinking about what to say, as she sneezed. "I guess I'm tired of watching androids taking the blame for everything..." She said, noticing the gun.

"We don't need anyone else getting shot...dad..." She said, that last part quietly, then looked at the time. "Anyways, should I bring you two home?" She asked as both gentlemen looked at each other, then nodded.

As both gentlemen started walking, she hugged them both in the back. "The hell, D?" Hank asked as she pinched him in the back. "Shut up and enjoy the damn hug" She said as he sighed and Connor slightly smiled and the trio walked back to the car and went home.