Chapter 2-2

DATE
November 6th, 2038
TIME
09:50:26
LOCATION
Detroit Police Station

"Good morning, Ms.-"

"Just call me Dahlia"

"Right. Good morning, Dahlia" The desk receptionist said before I smiled and walked over to my desk. I sighed before attempting to sit down. "Don't even think about sitting down, Dahlia. My office! Now!" Jeffrey yelled out before I groaned and walked over to his office, closing the door behind me. I sat down in a seat.

"We get 10 new cases involving androids everyday, like old ladies losing their android maids and that crap. But now, we're getting reports of assault, hell, even homicides, like last night" Jeffrey explained, but I stopped him. "What does that have to do with us?" I asked as he glared at my way, then continued.

"This is no longer Cyberlife's problem. It's becoming a criminal investigation and we gotta deal with it before shit hits the fan. I'm pairing you two up to investigate and see if there's any links" He explained as I sighed. "Why me? I'm the least qualified cop to handle this case, and I can't even change the settings on my phone" Hank said as I raised an eyebrow at him before stating my reasons.

"Jeffrey, I already told you that I'm not working with ANYBODY, android or not, and I damn sure ain't working on this case. Besides, I'm just getting started on this shit. No where near qualified" I said, getting angry by the minute. "You see, we're both not qualified" Hank said as Jeffrey continued.

"You're both perfectly qualified for this-"

"Don't even fucking finish that. That's bullshit and you know it" I said. "Nobody wants to investigate this damn androids and you're just tossing this shit on us" Hank cursed as Jeffery sighed.

"You both don't seem to understand. Cyberlife sent this state-of-the-art prototype and it'll help you both on this investigation" He explained as we both groaned. "Captain Jackass. I am NOT working on this fucking case and that is final!" I said, anger was evident in my voice. "And I'm definitely not working on this case with that plastic prick!" Hank yelled as Jeffery was evidently losing his patiences. "You both better watch your fucking tone and shut your goddamn mouth!" He said as I galred at him.

"You know what my goddamn mouth has to say to you?"

"What my goddamm mouth has to say is this, you three are working together and that is final!" He threatened.

"No fucking way!" We both yelled at him.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that, so I don't have to add anymore pages to your disciplinary folder, Hank, cause it already looks like a fucking novel" He paused as Hank stormed out, and looked at me.  "Any more objections out of your mouth and I'll send a report to Cyberlife, Dahlia" He threatened as I groweled. "The fuck does Cyberlife have to do with this? You said that it isn't their problem anymore!" I yelled.

"They want you to work on this case, so I'm putting you on this fucking case, and you're working with both of them" He said as I was about to walked out. I stopped and turned around. "Send them the report. I don't give a rats-"

Connor walked over and covered my mouth. "We'll be glad to work with each other. Have a nice day, Captain" Connor said and pushed me out the door with him behind me. "Fine. I don't want Cyberlife up my ass anymore than they already are" I mumbled and stormed over to my desk. I put my earbuds in and started to work on some case files. Yes, I'm a detective, but I'm pro-android and sadly not working here by choice. After about a few minutes, I stood up and went to the break room.

"Dahlia! Good morning" Reed shouted as I saw Connor making coffee. "Morning, asshole. What the hell are you making him do?" I said as he looked passed my shoulders. "He's making me coffee. That's what androids are for, right?" He said as I sighed and smiled, making him slightly flinch. "Gavin, buddy. He's not your bitch and he isn't here to make you coffee. If you want-"

"Wait! Before you finish that statement, let me get my coffee first" He walked right past me and grabbed his coffee from Connor, drinking it with his middle finger up. I was already in a bad mood, but he was clearly pushing my buttons, and he knew that.

"Don't push my buttons, jackass" I said, pushing him away as I was making my coffee. "Oh well. Just stay out of my way and everything will be fine, okay?" At this point, my buttons were pushed. So, I grabbed my cup of boiling hot water and poured it on him. "What the fucking-!"

I kneed him in the stomach and he fell on his knees. "I have no desire to get in your way, asshat. So, please, fuck off and quit being an fucking asshole" I walked away, but stopped. "Oh, by the way, don't make anything else for him again" I addressed Connor and walked to my desk, continuing to work for a few.

After about 15 minutes or so, my earbuds were taken out of my ear. "What?" I was still working, not paying attention to whoever was talking to me. "We're leaving and you're coming with us. No, it's not optional, and I'd hurry. Hank really isn't in a good mood right now" They were talking as I was still working. "No. I'm not-"

"I am authorized to report you to Cyberlife in case you don't want to cooperate" He paused, and I glanced up to see Connor staring down at me. "I....look, why do you care?" I asked before turning back to my computer. "It's our jobs to catch the deviant and figure out why they are like this" He explained before I looked back at him.

"Don't you just think that they are tired of being bossed around and treated badly? They're just like us humans. Walk, talk, hold a conversation. Deviants are those who are tired of being treated badly and wants their freedom" I said before standing up. "Besides, my dad does....n't..." I stopped myself before continuing. "Fine. I don't know what's up with Cyberlife lately, but I guess I have no choice. Forget what I said" I said before walking to Hank's car.