Chapter 12-1

DATE
November 10th, 2038
TIME
19:31:07
LOCATION
Carl Manfred's Mansion

22 Hours After the Attack on Jericho

*Belle's POV*

It has been a whole day since the attack on Jericho took place. Everyone stayed at an abandoned Cyberlife store and was resting or helped fixing other android.

"We're here. Ugh, it's pretty when it snows at night" I said as me and Markus was walking to Carl's home. He was there and I made frequent visits on my own time, but he hasn't been doing too well.

"He's currently bed ridden, so I don't think he'll be doing alot of talking, if that's okay with you?" I explained as he nodded, then turned his head. "Wait, how do you know this?" He asked, curiosity in his tone. "I visited when I wasn't busy hanging around Dahlia...which hasn't been much..." I explained as he nodded.

"Speaking of her, will she be okay? Working with the Deviant Hunter I mean?" He asked as I nodded. "Mhm. She said she's tried to convert him, but the Zen Mode in his program became active again before she could successfully convert him..." I explained as we reached his mansion as the door opened, recognizing us. We both walked in.

"Alarm deactivated. Welcome home, Markus. Welcome home, Annabelle" The intercom greeted as I groaned as they said my full name. "I thought you changed it to Belle. You know I hate being called by my full name!" I complained as he smiled and shooked his head, making me lightly punch him. "Fuck you. Let's go see Carl" I said as we walked up the stairs. The inside hasn't changed not one bit.

"Who are you? How did you get in?...oh, hello, Annabelle. What brings you here?" He greeted as I sighed. "We're here to see Carl..." I said as his shook his head. "Carl isn't seeing anyone. Both of you need to-"

Markus stepped in and grabbed him arm, asking for help. He nodded and moved from the door. "He won't speak, but I'm sure you know that already...he's also very weak..." He said as we both looked at each other and nodded, walking into the room.

"Oh my...he's gotten worse..." I mumbled as Markus ran over to his bed. I slowly walked over to them. "Carl..." He said as Carl reached out to him. I said nothing and watched them.

"Markus...I was hoping you would come"

"I missed you so much, Carl...you don't know how much I missed you..."

"Is that...?" Carl pointed to my direction as I slightly waved. He then turned his attention back to Markus.

"What brings you two here?"

"I'm completely lost...everything around me...is falling apart...I tried to do the right thing, looked for more answers...but I only find more doubt and uncertainty..."

"The world is ruled by fear, Markus...fear of the future...it's like me...too old...it's time for it to end..."

"No...don't say that, Carl...you're not too old..." I chimed in as Markus stood up and walked around a bit.

"You're wrong, Belle...look at me...bed ridden...I'm only waiting for my maker to come and get me..."

"I do not want bloodshed...regardless of the color...but I can not and WILL not let them slaughter my people...I have to make a decision that's gonna affect millions of lives...and I'm telling you, I've tried everything...hell, I even tried being peaceful...but I don't know what to do..." Markus walked over to the bed and sat down. He motioned for me to sit and I sat on the other side of the bed.

"You're both my children...we aren't related by blood and they aren't the same color...but I know that a part of me is in the both of you..." He paused and turned his attention solely on Markus.

"When the world falls into darkness, some men have the courage to lead them out...you're one of those men...face the abyss...but don't let it consume you..." I held both Markus and Carl's hands, but Markus let go and walked out of the room.

I sighed. "Belle...I remember when you were a little girl...and I took you in when they left you...you've grown into a fine young woman...please, take care of Markus..." He said as I nodded and stood up.

"Don't worry...dad...I'll take care of him..." I said and walked out and caught up to Markus. We were outside and walking over to my house. The walk was silent.

"I'm glad you're both alive..." I mumbled as he nodded, staying silent. It was even silent as we were getting some supplies for the abandoned church. After we gotten the supplied loaded into the car, we both gotten in and I drove off.