Chapter 8-2

DATE
November 9th, 2038
TIME
01:44:30
LOCATION
Capitol Park

Me and Poppy were at the top of a Cyberlife store, keeping watch of any drones and police that would show up. Ever since I found that someone has been tracking me through my phone (and I had suspicion of who it was), I've been looking over my shoulder more recently.

"Hey, D. Who do you think was tracking you?" Pops asked as I shrugged, lying to her. She didn't buy it. "Was it-"

"No, I doubt it" I said as she sighed and looked around. "Isn't it pretty...you know, with the snow and the lights?" She paused and smiled, then continued. "Hope it'll be like this for your birthday...it's a week away from now, right?" She said, speaking loud in thought. I didn't answer her.

"It is pretty...calming and peaceful...I feel like we'll get distracted before we complete this mission" I said as she hummed before hacking into a drone and flying it around and I was looking at the tablet with the drone's view.

"It is...I'm glad you reconciled with your dad, D..." She paused as I glanced at her. "...but...you're on the side of the androids and nobody knows it...yet...what will happen if this gets out?" She asked, worried as I shrugged.

"Oh well..." I said, sighing and rubbing my jacket. "Hmm...hey, what's that?" I pointed to a shadow on another building. It was evidently an android, but I couldn't tell if it was a deviant or not.

"Um...something...whoever it is, it's an android. I can faintly see the LED light...want me to check it out?" She asked as I shook my head, turning back to the screed to see North and Markus driving a big truck.

"Leave them be. We have a mission to accomplish" I said as we heard, or felt a crash. We both looked and they drove the truck into the store. "Holy...get the flag ready" I said as Pops grabbed the flag and tossed me a flag.

"You get this side, I'll get to the other side" I said and jumped off the roof and managed to get to the other side. As soon as I was on the same level as her, I gave her a thumbs up and we ran, placing flags all over the roofs on and at the nearby buildings around the Cyberlife store.

"Freedom! Freedom! Freedom!" We heard chants coming from the store as androids flooded the streets and started doing whatever Markus did. Me and Poppy came down from the roof and helped out. It was fun trashing the area in a good way to help a good cause.

After about 5-10 minutes, we heard sirens and police cars started to arrive. "Oh fuck..." I said as we all looked at the cars. The FBI came out with guns pointed at us.

I stood in front of everyone as they put their guns down. "That's a human..." They said as I took out smoke bombs and threw it at them. "Go back to Jericho!" Markus shouted as we all ran and gunshots were fired. Pops grabbed my wrist as we ran as fast as we can, then she picked me up and continued walking.

We saw North looking at an android as I told Pops to drop me and she did and I ran over.

"No..." I mumbled. They're shooting and killing these innocent androids. "These fucking bastards. They'll pay!" I said as the Deviants crowded around two police officers. "They killed our people. We deserve justice" One of the Deviants said as I looked at them. It was Chris and another officer who I didn't know of. "D, no. They'll figure out who you are. They'll report you...or kill you..." Pops tried to stop me, but I shook my head and smiled, making Poppy jump a bit.

"Oh no, they'll keep their mouths shut...and you know that" I said as all 4 of us walked over to where the officers were on their knees as they looked dead at me, especially Chris, horror in their eyes. "D-dahlia?! Why are you helping them...?" The other officer asked as I shrugged. "Wait...then is it true...you're the Deviant Protector...? " Chris asked as I nodded, pointing the gun at them both, making them jump and plead for their life.

"If my dad, Connor or ANYONE finds out who I am, I'll make sure your deaths are quick and painless. Got it?" I asked as they both jumped and nodded quickly. "Good" I said before handing the gun to Markus.

"If you want a peaceful protest, we can't take their lives...they'll listen...they'll have no choice but to listen to you" I said and walked off with Poppy behind me.

Then we heard all the Deviants were behind us as we all retreated to Jericho. As soon as we reached Jericho, we bid our goodnights and I drove both Belle and Tiff to my house.