T E N

LINA

"Please tell me I didn't," I groaned the second I had awoken, finding myself comfortably laid in my bed, my lab coat and heels removed and hair let down. I rubbed my eyes and covered my face, trying to avoid staring at the note I had found the minute I woke up. "I didn't. I didn't."

You did.

As if the note was speaking to me, I stared back down at it, my face heating with embarrassment.

So much for the massage. Be careful falling asleep around a man. You left yourself very vulnerable, now, I have a key to your clinic.

-Donovan

I screamed at the sloppy hand-writing, crumpling the note and throwing it across the room, still shouting at my own stupidity. I hopped out of bed, holding my head and pacing around my room, trying my very best to not freak out at the situation at hand.

"It's not happening. It's just a nightmare, just a nightmare," I tried to reason with myself but it was no use. "Dammit Lina! Why did you have to fall asleep? How can you be so stupid?"

"Lina! Lina! Are you in there?"

Shit.

I turned to the clock, cursing once again. I was late and I lived at work. I tied my hair back, put my lab coat back on and my heels and headed downstairs, unlocking the front door where Mia, Leslie, Amanda and Diane stood behind, looking at me a bit worried.

"What the hell, Lina? You were late to work?" Mia asked, raising a brow at me.

"I know, I know!" I said, holding my hands up. "I had a very...rough night."

"I brought coffee," Diane smiled, holding the carrier of coffee up, big smiles lighting our faces.

I grabbed one of the cups and took a slow sip, relaxing for the first time.

"So, what happened last night?" Amanda asked, readying the front desk and putting her bag underneath the desk. "You never stay out late on a work night."

"About that," I said, taking another sip of coffee before continuing. "Donovan, happened. He called me for my medical assistance again, for a massage. I ended up...falling asleep."

Here it comes. They all gasped, shocked at my story. "You fell asleep?" Leslie screeched. "What if he did something to you?"

"I know!" I said, understanding fully my recklessness last night. "He didn't do anything. He called me when I was already exhausted, I hadn't been sleeping well the past few nights--" I stopped mid-sentence, realizing what I was saying and glanced up to see their faces fall to extreme worry. "It's alright. I'm okay. He brought me home, even locked up the place before he left."

"Lina, are you overworking yourself?" they asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

I sighed heavily and sat back in the leather swivel chair, rubbing my temples. "I've been overworking myself since I started medical school, guys. It's nothing I can't handle."

"It is not good for your health," Diane pointed out, pointing a stern finger at me. "You are a doctor, Lina. You need to take care of your own health as well."

"I can't leave the clinic, I have to be here."

"We can handle the clinic, Lina, you've taught us well. You, need to go upstairs and rest for the day," Mia said. "Take the day off, let us take care of the clinic."

"But what if something happens like yesterday? I need to be here for that," Lina said, setting her coffee down and standing to her feet. "I'm sorry but it's not going to happen. I won't leave the clinic."