S E V E N T E E N

"Where does he live?!" Mike screamed, slapping Lina across the face for the millionth time that night. 

While she was knocked unconscious, they had brought her to an empty warehouse, tied her to a chair, and allowed Mike to begin his torturous interrogation.

"Who is Ethan to him?!" he screamed again, landing another slap across her face.

She kept her mouth shut, she took every hit and kept quiet.

"What about Diane? Who is Diane to him? Tell me!" he barked, shoving his fist to her gut, a painful scream escaping past her lips and blood trickling down her chin. 

Mike began to laugh, a sickening and hysteric laugh. "What a loyal doctor!" he screamed, grabbing a handful of her hair and tilting her head up to look at her fully. "I wonder how far your loyalty will go, Doctor? Can you die for a killer? Can you die for a man like Donovan Ander? A ruthless biker?" Tears were already streaming down her voice but she said nothing, she never once opened her mouth. "Everyone breaks, everyone falls apart and you will too. In time, you will tell me what I want to know."

With that, he aggressively released her hair and moved away from her. "Keep an eye on her," he barked to the guards as he left the room.

Lina's abdomen ached and churned from the kicks and the punches, her face burned from the countless slaps, her lip was busted, her blue button-up shirt was stained with her own blood and her eye was swollen shut. Tears kept running down her face, falling on her shirt as she sat there quietly sobbing.

She had no idea how long she'd been there, how long she was unconscious. She had no idea if anyone would ever find her or even save her. She was being tortured and no one even knew. She could feel, deep in her stomach, that she was probably going to die here.

* * * * *

"Now, I'd hate to beat up that gorgeous face anymore," Mike cooed, staring down at the blood oozing from her lips. He turned to the guards, stepping back a bit, "Hook her up to the chain. Let's fuck up her body instead."

Lina watched in horror as the guards neared her. She struggled against the restraints and turned her head back and fourth, looking at them with sadness. "No! No, please! No!" she screeched as they untied her from the chair and tied her from a giant hook on the ceiling. She dangled there, just enough for her feet to touch the ground, and watched Mike with horror as he readied himself to hit her once again.

"Tell me, doctor, where does Donovan live?" he asked, kicking her straight in the gut, no longer waiting for her reply. "Who is Ethan to him? And Diane? What is Diane to him?" Another kick and another; he never stopped.

He kicked her until his leg hurt and then he ripped his belt from his pants, folding it and walking around her, dragging the warm leather across her bare abdomen. 

"Where is Donovan's home?"

The crack of the belt echoed through the room and a painful scream left her mouth, more and more tears gushing down her cheeks as she cried out in pain.

"Now, now, Doctor," he said, walking back around to face her. "Trust me, I don't want to do this, I don't. Just tell me what you know and I will let you go, I will let you go back home to your clinic, never to be bothered again."

With the last strength she had, she spit blood in his face and passed out.

* * * * *

"Where the fuck is she, Leo?" Donovan asked, trying to keep his temper down, but Leo shook with fear upon hearing the amount of rage laced in his voice.

"I-I...I can't find her, boss," Leo said, trying to focus on his computer at not the death glare he was currently receiving from Donovan. "I can't find her location at all. The surveillance footage from the Coliseum show no sign of her leaving, at all."

"Find her," he barked, turning to his office.

"Boss!" Jareth shouted, entering the club house and rushing over to Donovan.

"What?" he snapped.

Jareth handed him a DVD. "I just found this, outside the clubhouse. It came with this note, too," he said, handing him the note as well.

Donovan opened the piece of paper and read the sloppily written message.

What a loyal Doctor you have here, and I thought only the members of the South-Side Banshee are meant to be loyal to someone like you.

Donovan ripped the paper and rushed over to Leo. "Play this, right now," he said and Leo was quick to insert the DVD, clicking the file and playing the video on the disk.

Donovan watched the video in horror. He watched Lina be beaten to near death, he watched Mike bark questions at her, questions that could easily expose him and leave him even more vulnerable, but she kept her mouth shut.

"Fuck!" Donovan screamed, slamming his fist on the table and walking away from the video. "Turn that shit off. Track it, do fucking something! Find her!" he shouted, grabbing his jacket and heading for the door.

"Boss, where are you going?" Tim, the bartender, called.

"To have a word with an old friend."

* * * * *

"Var är din jävla son, Viktor? [Where is your fucking son, Viktor?]" Donovan asked the old Russian before him.

Viktor leaned back in his chair, pouring them two glasses of scotch and taking a slow drink before taking a deep breath and looking his old friend in the eye.

"I really can't say, he hasn't been in for a few days," he said, his voice thick with a Russian accent.

"Don't joke around, Viktor, I have kept up our treaty for a long time now but your son is about to ruin that in just a few minutes if you don't tell me where he is."

"What has my foolish son done this time?"

"He has taken my drottning captive to find out information about me," Donovan said lowly, his voice laced with murder.

Viktor suddenly leaned forward, his eyes wide with absolute shock. His mouth opened and then shut and then opened again, his eyes widening, sweat falling down the side of his face.

"I did--I did not realize that was who she was. He is in the warehouse, down the road. You'll find them there," he said quickly. "Promise me something, Donovan," he said, stopping him as he was about to leave. "Give my son a swift death."

"He won't get a swift death, Viktor," he barked. "Din son kommer att betala för detta. [Your son will pay for this.]"