9 - Texts

You walk downstairs, finding your mum sitting at the table, reading over a pile of papers.

 "Hey mum" you say, getting her attention. "Can I go to Liz's party tomorrow night?" 

You watched her think about it before saying, "sure you can, sounds like fun." 

You walk back to your room to text your reply, noticing that there were already a bunch of messages. 

Flash 💪🏽: sounds great see you there 😉. 

Betty 🌷: can't wait.

Michelle 📚: sure I'll be there.

Abe 🛎: I'm in.

Sally 🐦: Sounds like fun.

Tiny 😝: I'll bring snacks.

After reading through the texts you slowly type your reply, thinking of what to say.

Y/N: sounds great I'm in!

That night you go to sleep happy, thinking about all the amazing friends you've made already in Queens. You smile, the text from Callum buried deep in the back of your mind.

You second day at Midtown went pretty smoothly, up until lunch that was. Your first two periods were physics and math, they went by pretty fast. Since there was no banners to hang up today, you, Liz and Betty, took your seats on a long table with Flash and a lot of other people who's names you hadn't quite memorized. You talked about general things, like how you liked your subjects, and what you would be wearing for homecoming. You laughed, you phone sitting on the table beside your tray as you ate. You had forgotten about it, focusing on the conversation. Until it buzzed, another text from Callum.

 "Ooooh" Liz exclaimed, glancing at your phone screen, "who's Cal?" She said, dragging out the a. 

You realized you hadn't changed your contact for him since you had broken up, it still read 'Cal ❤️😘.' 

"He's - he's nobody" you say, staring down as your food became a lot more interesting.

 "Nobody with a love heart and a kissy face?" Liz asked, giving you a skeptical look. 

"He's my ex boyfriend" you explain, telling the group about how you hadn't changed the name, and how you'd been avoiding it cause the thought of him almost brought you to tears. That's when you remembered the text that he sent you.