Part 26

Your next day of school was interesting, everyone knew about your decathlon win, but worse everyone knew about the events that happened in the elevator of the Washington monument. 

You sigh as you push through the doors of your final lesson, taking a seat next to Liz. You watched Peter come in late, taking the seat in front of you.

The bell rang and you walked outside the classroom. Peter stoped to talk to you, but you kept walking, 

"sorry Peter gotta go." You say behind you back. 

'This is a dumb plan.' You think to yourself as you descend the steps of the school.

It was dark outside, you breath in and out, pacing back and forth in your room. 

'This is a dumb plan.' You say to yourself again. 

You climb out your bedroom window, onto the fire escape and begin to slowly descend. You walk a few blocks before stopping at an alleyway. It was pitch black, lit only my the street lamp, that flickered in and out. You sigh, pacing back and forth again. This was the alley you were sure of it. This was the worst alleyway in Queens. Five muggings, two rapeings, a murder. Crime was drawn to this place like a magnet. And you were standing right in the middle of it.

You lean against a wall, waiting for something, anything to happen. You look down at your phone, you had been there for almost a hour, and nothing had happened. You sigh, picking yourself up off the wall and making your way towards the street lamp.

You feel a pair of hands wrap around your wrists and you are pulled backwards. You scream, as the person holding you spins you around, pinning you against a wall. 

There were two of them, both wearing masks. You scream again as the second one rips your phone out of your hands. The man with his hands on you places one over your mouth. You bite down, and he presses you against the wall harder. He grabs your jacket, pulling it off you. You kick at him, but it does nothing. 

You close you eyes as tears stream down your face. 

You hear a scream other than your own and open your eyes to see your second attacker on the ground. The one holding you to the wall lets go, making a run for it. 

You watch as his body springs up into the sky, attached to a spiderweb.

A man in red spandex stands in front of you, your phone in his hands. He hands it to you and leans against the wall. You face him, keeping him just at arms reach. 

"Peter." You say, taking a step towards him.

You raise your hands towards his face. His hands shoot up, moving to grab you on the wrist. But he hesitates his hands hovering beside yours. Slowly he nods, leaning his head down. Your hands make contact with his neck, finding the spot where his mask and suit meet and you slowly pull it off. His head was down, but there was no mistaking his curls. 

"Peter" you say again.

You place your hand on his chin, angling his face to meet yours. He leans in, his lips meeting yours, his arms wrap about your waist, pulling you into him. Your hands cup his face, the mask falling out of them onto the ground.

When he finally broke away he smiled at you, his hands still around your waist, holding you close. 

"You knew?" He asks.

You nod, "I had a hunch." You say.

You absentmindedly play with his hair, slowly starting to become aware of how close you were standing. 

"Thank you." You say resting your head on his shoulder. "Thank you."

You feel him smile, as he rests his head on yours.

You stand there in an alleyway, your head resting against the chest of the Spider-Man suit, for what felt like hours. 

'Peter is Spider-Man. Your boyfriend is Spider-Man.' 

Peter kissed your head, loosening his hold of you. 

"The suns coming up," he says, "I should walk you home." 

You nod, as his picks his mask up off the ground.

You climb up the fire escape and through your bedroom window. Peter followed, taking off his mask again once he was inside. 

"So were you right?" He asks, giving you a smirk. 

"About what?"

He chuckles, "about Spider-Man being pretty hot under that suit." 

You laugh, trying to keep your voice low. He smiles, giving you a soft kiss before turning and climbing out the window.