Part 56

Your eyes flutter open, and it takes you a minute to realize you are lying in your bedroom, in your own bed. As your eyes adjust you notice peter sitting by your feet. He turns towards you, noticing that you are awake and moves closer. 

"You're awake," he says, stating the obvious. 

"What happened?" You ask, your voice groggy. 

"You did it y/n, you projected a copy of yourself across the room." He smiled at you, and you noticed the pride in his voice. 

"I blacked out," you say, "I clearly didn't do a very good job." 

Peter chuckled slightly, "don't worry, Loki said that happened to him the first few times." 

You nod. You had almost forgotten, through all the training and testing that had happened today, that Loki was you birth father, it still didn't feel real.

You sigh, without even having to say anything Peter senses your emotions. His hand finds yours and gives in a reassuring squeeze. 

"What time is it?" You ask, not wanting the conversation to lead to how your father was a criminal, you had never really discussed it together, you knew you would have to soon but not right now. 

"About 3:00AM," Peter says, looking at his watch, "better rest up, we have school in a few hours." 

'Of course,' you think, 'leave it to Peter Parker to think of school at a time like this, what a nerd.' Peter squeezes you hand and gets up to leave. 

"Stay?" You ask, your voice barely audible.

He nods and sits back on the bed, you shuffle over and he lays down beside you. You lay your head on his chest and fall asleep to the sound of his heart beating. 'But he's my nerd.'