17 - Bad Timing

You both pay for your food, splitting the check, before walking outside. It was cold, you shiver, wishing you had brought a jacket. As if knowing what you were thinking, Peter takes his jacket off, placing it on your shoulders. You thank him, realizing that you were now standing really close.

 "I had a really great night" Peter says, looking down and rubbing his neck, you noticed he did that when he was nervous.

 "I did too, thank you." You say, taking the smallest step closer to Peter. 

He smiled, his eyes meeting yours, oh those eyes, you could get lost in those eyes. Peter put his hand on your cheek, tilting your face towards him. He leans forward, his lips inches away from yours. And then a yodeling noise erupts from his pocket, making you jump. 

He pulls out his phone, "I'm so sorry y/n, but I have to take this." 

"It's okay." You say. 

'It's not like you were having a moment or anything' you think to yourself, already hating whoever was on the other end of the line. 

"Okay, I'll be right there." You hear Peter say as he hangs up the phone. 

"I've gotta go, I'm so sorry y/n, I'll make it up to you I promise." 

"It's okay," you say again, "go."

Peter turns to walk in the opposite direction you were going. He takes five steps before turning back around. 

"I almost forgot." He says. 

Reaching down, his hands cupping your face, slowly, softly, his lips meet yours, and you find yourself pulling him closer. You hands make their way up his neck, tangling in the curls of his hair.