Part 61

Tony lay in front of you inside a battered Iron Man armor. He had removed his mask, showing a bloodied face. 

"Mr Stark are you okay?" Peter yelled, running over to him.

You help Tony onto his feet, half carrying him over to a nearby chair. 

"What happened?" You asked, your mind jumping to the worst possible conclusions. 

"A rogue missile." Tony said. 

"A missile?" You and Peter asked in unison. 

"I was testing it in the lab- a new prototype for the suit I've been making." Tony began to explain. "Let's just say it didn't turn out too well and I had to fly it into space." 

"So that explains the completely wrecked weapons room." Peter said. 

"But what about Loki?" You asked, your mind feeling the presence of the helmet, which was both being held in your hand and not, it was there without being there. 

"He escaped in the commotion." Tony said.

"Well than we need to go looking for him!" You announce. 

"I will as soon as I change suits." 

"I want to come with you." You argue, giving Peter a nudge. 

"Me too." Peter says, his relation slow but genuine.

"No absolutely not." Tony demanded, "it's too dangerous for you, I will find Loki." 

"But..." you begin but Tony cut you off with a glare. "Fine."

You leave the facility with Peter, making your way to the train station. You didn't get to show Tony that you had finally learnt what he was trying to teach you. But that didn't matter right now. Because, although his story is more than plausible, you knew somewhere, deep in the pit of your stomach, Tony Stark was lying to you. 

AN//: hey I'm a lazy forgetful bitch who never remembers to update cause I'm too busy reading fanfics instead of writing so here's two parts for the day to make up for it! 

5