15 - First Date Jitters

The rest of your week flew by, and before you knew it, it was Saturday. You hadn't really spoken to Peter much, but you had told Liz, Betty and Flash all about how he asked you out. 

"What about this one?" You say, walking out of your closet, turning to face Liz and Betty laying on the bed. 

"Nah" they both said in unison, shaking their heads and giving you a thumbs down.

You groan. This was the fourth outfit you had tried on. You go back into your closet, you finally decided on a striped, off-the-shoulder crop top, with a pair of white jeans. 

It was 5:00, you say goodbye to Liz and Betty and walk back upstairs to do your hair and makeup. You walk around the house for a while, waiting for the time to pass. But each minute felt like 10.

Finally it was 6:00, the doorbell rang, right on queue. Had Peter been waiting for the time to pass too? You smile, grabbing your bag and opening the door. 

"Wow," Peter says, looking you up and down, "you look great." 

"Thanks," you blush, "you don't look so bad yourself." 

'Oh god why am I so awkward?' You think. 

"You guys have a nice night." Your mum calls from the kitchen as you step out of the door. 

"Thanks mum, bye."