Part 45

You finish telling Tony everything that happened. He sits there, a look of deep thought on this face. 

"Would you mind if I did a DNA test?" He asks.

You give him your arm and he takes a sample of blood, you sigh, relieved that that was all he needed to do.

The DNA was going to take a while to analyze, so Peter decided that he would give you a tour of the facility. You walk around the grounds hand in hand looking at the huge collection of planes and helicopters and Tony Stark's even bigger collection of cars. After some time Peter's phone buzzed, it was a text from Happy, telling him that the DNA was finished sequencing. 

You take in a deep breath and tighten your grip on Peter's hand as you step though the doors of the lab. Tony sat on one of the benches, a confused look on his face. 'He's confused?' You think to yourself, 'why on earth would he be confused?'

"Y/n." He says, looking up as you walk in. 

"What's wrong?" You ask, immediately thinking the worst. 

'What if I have a disease, what if my newly developed powers are going to leave me hideous deformed?' You had never thought of yourself as someone who was particularly vain, but at this moment it seemed like something to worry about.

"You may want to sit down." Tony says, gesturing to a chair.

You sit. Your mind running though a marathon of ideas, each one worse that the last. 'If he asked me to sit down it must be bad.' 

"Y/n," he began, hesitating. 

He was clearly thinking of the best way to break the news to you. 

"Y/n, when I looked at your DNA, I found something rather odd." He pauses, before continuing."I discovered that half of your DNA is human..."

"And the other half?" You ask, panic filling your voice. 

"The other half of your DNA is from a frost giant." 

You feel your stomach drop. You knew very little about frost giants, but what you did know was nothing good. 

"I compared it with a frost giant tissue sample I have in the lab." 

You nod, preparing yourself to hear how me came to the discovery of this. 

"It was a match." He pauses again. "It was a perfect match."

"What does the mean?" You ask, but you know what it means. 

"It means that the frost giant tissue sample came from your father."

"Who is it?" You ask, you assume you wouldn't know them, you assume they are just some unimportant soldier. 

But you were wrong, oh boy were you wrong. When Tony uttered the name, your already sunken stomach dropped to the ground. 

"Loki."