ᵂᴼᴼˢᵁᴺᴳ / ᵀᴴᴱ ᴿᴼˢᴱ

It was 3am on a tuesday night when you suddenly had to get up. You'd have an important maths test the next day so you actually wanted to sleep. You only wore your pajamas which consisted of a sleeveless top and a short pants. You have been sleeping very tight until something happened.

The doorbell suddenly rang. It teared you out of sleep. You opened your eyes and thought which idiot wanted to see you at 3am. You slowly stood up and walked over to the door. A thought came onto your mind before you opened the door.

"Wait.... I only wear my pajama.... Idk who wants to see me so.... Should I change my clothes?", You thought and looked suspiciously at your clothes.

You shook your head and just opened the door. You only wanted to go to sleep again so you didn't care about anything else. When you opened the door you saw it wasn't any idiot who stood there. It was your best friend Woosung. You were a little shocked about his appearance at your apartment in the middle of the night. But you were okay with it since he's your best friend. You were kinda happy he's there.

You looked at him closer and saw tears running down his cheeks. He didn't look well. He more looked like he was totally destroyed. And he was. As soon as you saw his blubbery face you started to get worried. Woosung just looked at you. You immediately asked him what was wrong. You took his hand and pulled him inside your apartment. You lead him to your bed so he could sit down. You searched for a tissue but it wasn't that easy since the light was still not on. At least you've found one after a few seconds. You sat down next to him on the bed and handed him the tissue. One of your hands rubbed his back, the other one held his arm. Woosung hugged you suddenly. You were surprised of this reaction but hugged him back.

"So, what happened?", You asked him after he let go of the hug.

"My girlfriend and I broke up a few minutes ago. I've found out she has been cheating on me for 4 months now. I saw her kissing another boy. After I've asked her about it, she told me everything. She has really been cheating on me. I can't believe it. 3 years of a great relationship and then that happens.", he explained to you with a shivering voice.

You were shocked of it. His girlfriend was one of your good friends. Not anymore. It totally destroyed you to see him like that. You hugged him again and tried to cheer him up. He couldn't stop crying. It was relatable. You couldn't stand to see him like that. You couldn't do anything but cry with him. Woosung noticed it pretty fast and immediately hugged you. He also asked you what was wrong.

"I-I just can't stand to see you crying without crying myself. I don't want my best friend to cry.", You explained to him with sadness in your voice.

This made him hugging you tighter. You stopped crying as soon as you remembered that you had to cheer him up somehow. You two continued talking for quite a while. It was already 3:45am. But you didn't care. Woosung was way more important to you than a test. He also calmed down so you two could talk like usual again. A question suddenly appeared on your mind.

"You said you broke up a few minutes ago. Am I the first person to know about it?", You asked him in disbelief.

He looked at you in surprise but a slight smile appeared on his face.

"Of course. You're my best friend. I trust you the most.", he told you.

You had to smile at these words. You hugged and thanked him.

You suddenly had an idea. It was a bit weird but anyways. Most coffee shops in Seoul are opened 24 hours. So you had the idea to take him out to a coffee. It'd maybe let him forget about the breakup. You told him. Woosung seemed to like this idea so he nodded.

You went to the bathroom, changed your clothes there and already left the flat then. You only had to walk for a few minutes until you arrived there. The coffee shop was empty. Only you two and an assistant. You ordered two coffees and sat down at a table. Woosung was already waiting there. The coffees got delivered a minute later. You two talked and talked and talked. It really cheered him up.

It was 5am when you finished your coffee. It wouldn't make any sense to go to sleep now since you'd have to get up at 6 o'clock anyways. You had a kinda worried look on your face. Woosung asked you what was wrong. You answered with a quiet "nothing, I'm just tired". Relatable. You've only slept 3 hours and would have a test this morning. But Woosung was more important. He believed you.

He walked you home so you wouldn't have to go through the lonely streets. You were thankful for that.

When you arrived in front of your apartment you said: "Please don't forget, you'll find the right girl. A girl which is perfect for you and would never cheat on you."

This made him blush a bit. You already stood inside your apartment. You just wanted to say goodbye now. Woosung seemed a bit nervous. Like he wouldn't know what to do. You hugged him and said goodbye though. You would meet after school again.

It was 3pm when you went out of school. You were kinda sad cause of the F on your test. The teacher was pretty fast with correcting so you already got it back. Tears rolled down you cheeks. You now had an F in general.

Woosung waited for you in front of your school. You didn't know he'd meet you here. You didn't notice him and walked past him. He suddenly hugged you from the side. You were scared for a second but you felt relieved as soon as you saw that it was Woosung. He looked at you with a smile. He seemed to manage to forget about the day before. But this smile disappeared when he saw your blubbery face.

"What's wrong?", he asked you worriedly.

You pulled the test out of your schoolbag and showed him. He looked at it in surprise but also in disbelief. He handed it back to you after he has looked at it.

"You.... Why didn't you tell me you had a test today? I wouldn't have keeping you awake for so long.", he said still in disbelief.

"Cause it was more important to cheer you up. You're way more important to me.", You explained with a sudden slight smile.

"But-", he started a sentence but you cut him off.

"No but. You're more important than a grade. It's also an F in general but it doesn't matter. I'm happy I could cheer you up.", was the sentence you cut him off with.

He looked at you in disbelief..... Again. Woosung was more than thankful.

"You really put something so important in the background for me?", he asked with a shivering voice.

"I did. And it's good. I don't care about grades right now. Of course I did this. You are my best friend. I trust you.", You told him and he noticed that he said some of these sentences to you the day before.

You smiled at him. Woosung put himself together and did something you've never thought of. He suddenly pulled you into a kiss. You were surprised but accepted the kiss. It held for about a minute. He still had his hands around your waist when he stopped the kiss. You touched his shoulders meanwhile. He smiled at you and your surprised but happy reaction.

"What happened right now?", You asked confused.

"Y/N. I listened to the words you've said yesterday. I realized that you are meant. You already did so much for me since we know each other. To be honest, I always had a little crush on you. I almost fell for you. But then my previous girlfriend confessed and I couldn't say no. I almost forgot how much I love you. I didn't forget, I suppressed this feeling during the relationship. But this feeling appeared again as soon I broke up with her yesterday. I don't wanna forget my love for you. I realized that you are the perfect girl for me. I love you.", he confessed.

You were more than surprised. But a smile appeared on your face. You wanted to be his girlfriend. You also had a crush on him. You loved him.

"So... Can I call you mine?", he asked you with a smile on his face.

"Yeah. But I also wanna call you mine or at least give you a cute nickname. Umm.... I'm not good at confessing but... I also had a crush on you. I love you. I'm happy you're mine.", You said with happiness written on your face.

Woosung and you smiled at each other. He pulled you into another kiss. You happily accepted it. You were more than happy you could call each other mine. You were the happiest human on earth.

He asked you if you wanted to accompany him for dinner after he stopped kissing you. You nodded and you two were already walking with intertwined hands to the next restaurant. Seems like two people have finally found each other. You two were meant for each other.