Sik-k

Impatiently tapping her toes, hitting the ground below her feet every single time, she happened to feel shocked by an unexpected touch. "Don't be nervous. You're gonna be alright", this familiar girl, your closest friend, did her best to calm you down with the power of her soothing voice. With a eye rolling movement you gave in and so let your muscles go loose, leaning back in your seat, soon realizing there's no rest attached to that even rather uncomfortable chair. Before falling back you managed to quickly grab your friend's wrist who used the effort to pull you back to a normal position. While gifting you a confused glare she removed your arm from holding on to her "Bro, I- get a fuckin grip, Y/n!". As response to that offensive appearing sentence you let out a whine, not even bothering to explain why you're nervous anymore. "You know he likes you. Everyone knows. Just the way he texts you makes it obvious", she stated once again, reassuring you there's nothing to worry about. Quitting to give a shit, you poured another shot of Soju for her and yourself. "Cheers", your glance spoke for itself. Alcohol has a calming effect, hasn't it? If one doesn't exaggerate the amount, yes. If not, consequences are preprogrammed. Y/n accidentally learned it the hard way.

There she was, drinking at the outside area of a Korean BBQ restaurant down a narrow street. Minsik let out an almost inaudible snicker, making his way towards your friend and you. Without trying to draw too much attention to himself he took a seat next to the two of you, saying a simple "Can I have one too?". The moment you looked up from the table's surface you spotted him for the first time. Minsik, the guy you had been in touch with for over a year online, now sitting right in front of you with a smile. Being sorta drunk you still instantly jumped off your seat, over to Minsik to hug him. For the first time. If you hadn't been drunk you'd have turned emotional at such moment. Yet, you returned to your seat right afterwards, despite being caught in a blurry vision somehow managing to not spill anything when pouring a shot for him. Your friend turned to him, unknowing what how exactly to put the situation "Iiiiii.....did not.....intend to get her that drunk. Shit, what am I saying? We're fuckin alcoholics by now". Unexpectedly, Minsik just laughed at her apology. Confused stares then ruled the atmosphere until Minsik cheered on his shot. "Do I seriously come off as non-drinker? Hell naw", he admitted, leaving all of you in a state worse than confused. Your female friend's reaction was to stand up, pay her bills, wish you guys luck and leave without any other word. From now on it was only Minsik and you. Pretty awkward at first, soon loosening up that tense atmosphere through more shots. At one point Minsik felt as crappy as you already had hours ago, suggesting that taking a walk would hopefully help out.

[A while later, deep at night]
Walking through the LED lights filled streets, you couldn't conceal a tiny laugh at something Minsik had said. With your hands in your pockets and eyes focused on the asphalt underneath your body, you interrupted the boy's story. "Thank you for not judging me", your eyes lit up in the dark, shining brighter than any star above. "Don't thank me. Tonight was way better than my expectations of our first meetup", he appreciated but at the same time declined your thankfulness for something so common sense. He continued "I mean, indulging in something both participants like is positive. Well, uhh, alcohol maybe isn't really positive but we enjoy it so let's count it", showing off his splendid white teeth during a smile. Next moment he intertwined your hand with his, keeping up the pace of walking together. Your mind wasn't sure how to react, let alone what it should think, at all. Wether your brain had expected it or not, one thing was for sure; you didn't want to let go.

[Early morning hours]
What could make a moment like this even better? Sure, watching the sunrise together. Only the two of you had been sitting at the beach the past hours, owning the entire shore for yourselves. Everything seemed perfect, you felt infinite. Reaching your hand to the arising sun to be seen behind the endless ocean, not noticing you did this as a sign to hold on to that moment forever, you spoke up "Those were the most enjoyable few hours of my life. Spent with the already favorite person in my life". Minsik smiled at you while insisting on you resting your head on his shoulder what you logically accepted without hesitation. The boy kept playing with your hair while watching the sunrise, all of a sudden doing what he had been waiting for. His palms cupped the upward side of your face and leaning his head forward, plastering his lips on yours. There it was. The moment you had been praying for the entire year. More unique than ever imagined, plainly flawless.

[Around two days later]
Placing kisses on each other's body as passionately as never you enjoyed another simple make out session with your crush aka now apparently boyfriend. Once again everything seemed perfect. Except for these literally millions of incoming messaged on his phone. Sighing deeply, he excused himself and looked at the screen, looking kinda unconscious about something in the end. "I.....I'mma go outside for a bit. Excuse me, babe, but I wanna clear up my confusion", he said, quicky kissing you one more time before leaving through the door. You on one hand tried to stick to what your therapist had always told you; don't let other's problems become yours. Ignore the issue. On the other hand you were dying to help him out with whatever upset him that bad. Disliking yourself for a short period of time you snatched his phone just to read what's still available on his lockscreen. A picture of you two was his wallpaper. But the contact saved "Babe" was not you, neither were those love messages he constantly received. After taking a short moment to let everything sink in you grabbed the phone and already headed out to Minsik who was peacefully leaning against the railings of the balcony. Unsure if it's a brilliant idea to ask him or let it be, you got a grip. "Minsik", you leaned against the doorframe what grabbed his attention "Who is babe". A sigh escaped his lungs in visible shock and regret "I said I needed time to comprehend something right now. This is what I'm debating about right now".

"You didn't answer my question. Who's babe"

Clenching his eyelids together, he sloppily threw his arms around which told a message similar to Fuck It "It's my girlfriend. I won't even try to find excuses". You also let your arms fall down as you felt everything feeling heavier "Minsik, you didn't". But his eyes told you the exact opposite. Out of reflex your eyes became teary, making Minsik walk over and trying to hug you. Yet, you pushed his arms away aggressively.

"No, I don't want to be a number two. No, do not touch me!"

"Y/n I did decide you're my number one"

"Right, you had to debate about wether I am or not. I don't deserve that and neither does the other person deserve being cheated on. I am usually the one getting cheated on, not the other way around. This right here almost feels worse"

"Y/n, i know I was wrong about that but-"

"Spare me your but"

Although Minsik hastily and with all his heart tried to keep you from going, your existence wasn't in the condition to feel empathy for this situation. A promise to yourself you'd try to listen to your heart's desires more. Your heart wanted to leave. And so you did.

[PART TWO SOON]