San / Ateez

"I was lost in her eyes", he admitted,  three years after the actual action had happened. Sometime in January of 2022 the boy which had appeared in your dreams several times said in an interview. This boy loved you dearly, with all his heart. At some point it wasn't featured in his capabilities to handle the love his heart could feel every single day. Your eyes noticed him as your boyfriend while in his eyes you were a goddess. In his sight you deserved everything.

[14th July, 2019]
The only beat you could feel was the one your heart produced and one of the music playing in your headphones. A deep, relieving sigh escaped your mouth as you kept staring at the seat in front of you and that little table attached to it. "Fold for taxi, take off and landing", a little sticker placed on its surface said. The atmosphere was calm but somehow excited at the same time, the typical feeling of sitting on a plane.

"Why so nervous?", Your mom asked, looking at you in a worried way. She thought something was wrong, assumed you're not feeling good. Of course, your emotions were a mess, like your mind. At least it wasn't usual for most people to fly to Korea for a two-week vacation. None of you had ever been there, you needed kind of a guide. Luckily, dad was clever enough to come up with an idea. The idea of asking one of your Korean friends. With no further hesitation you had called your best friend stationed in this country as your father had implied this brainstorm.

Neither of you thought it would work but not even five minutes later your best friend texted back. He said he would love to meet up with you and show you guys around. Yes, HE. Unusually, your dad was fine with that, not being a normal reaction of him at all.

To be honest, you knew you had feelings for him, you also knew he had fallen for you. Back a long time ago, you had managed to confess. And he loved you as well. Unfortunately, a long distance relationship wasn't your cup of tea, not anymore. The only compromise you could work out was that you'd wait for each other to meet. That had happened in December of the year before. Anxiety ran through your veins as you were scared he wouldn't feel anything for you anymore. The only fact you knew was that you still loved him. Some people would say "already" since you two hadn't seen each other in real life yet. It's true, you loved him already before getting to know him. What his touch was like, if his smile brightened up the day, how his voice sounded at 2am when being sleepy, if he was really meant for you.

[15 hours later]
"Crew, prepare for landing", the pilot said through the speakers. A sign of ending this awfully long flight. 70% of the ride got used for sleeping only. A dream which couldn't let go of you, a dream about you and San. One where you could finally meet. Although you knew nothing would hit your expectations, not even the tiniest moment, you were excited for what was gonna happen.

A short 15 minutes later the plane had become quite empty, majority of the passengers tried to exit the vehicle as fast as possible. Haha, nope. Not in this Airbus A380 with a capacity of 900 people. Since your family had had a little experience with traveling they decided to wait a little longer before trying to exit, wanting to be the last human beings to leave. Those 15 minutes of impatient time killing weren't admirable at any point. Each and every second a specific person rushed into your mind, San. You had wanted to see him so bad, your heart didn't think it could wait any longer. Although you had planned on meeting him two days after your arrival in Korea, you just felt excited to enter the country of your most beautiful dreams.

Quickly you snatched your bag from the seat as some girl behind you was having struggles with gathering her things. She delayed everything making the people behind her nervous and impatient since she was blocking the entire floor. Good for you since that happened a row behind yours, you could finally move.

The fresh air when exiting the airplane, a feeling you would never forget. This breath was probably one of the most relaxing, satisfying and relieving ever. At the fastest pace implied for walking all of you went to the hall, the border. Check-ins were always so tiring, they took so long. But you had found a way to kill the time, thinking about San. Might has been the only option to make the situation a little more relaxed.

[3;26am]
The time difference was destroying you on the inside, almost every second minute you felt like dozing off. No five minutes later you had passed the borders, you officially entered Korea.

All those people waiting with signs saying a full name or other gifts in their arms, your entire attention was drawn to that. These people made you happy for some reason, the moment did. Most people were holding signs, only very few held something else similar to a stuffed animal or card. Between all those something grabbed your attention again. Someone without a sign but a bouquet of roses and box filled with pralines. As your looks wandered from that stuff up to his face everything else disappeared. Not a voice was recognizable, your eyes could not realize any other person, nothing else than this one human in front of you mattered.

His smile made you cup your hands over your mouth, with all forces trying to prevent tears from falling but failing dramatically. His smile made you go weak, crazy and so many other emotions. Time stopped, at least it seemed to. Every single thought you have had about him got previewed in your head quickly. In fact, you were an emotional mess at the moment. 

Without a word or breath you let go of your luggage and ran over to him, the boy you had been waiting for. 'What would his touch feel like?', that question found its matching answer as San literally dropped his stuff and entangled you in a meaningful and tight hug. The happiness was to be felt in his arms and the grip. He really wanted to see you. He was extremely happy, more than ever before.

"I was waiting for this so long", he whispered into your ear, his lips were near your ear during the hug. This made you hug him even tighter. The weakness in his voice was obviously noticable. If you had spoken no one would have understood you in that moment.

A sweet smile formed on his lips as he let go of you and had the ability to look right into your face for the first time. Carefully he took the pralines and flowers and handed them to you "A little sign of my appreciation". As you thanked him for this gesture he suddenly wiped away your tears of joy with his sleeve, making you laugh once. Everything else except for the two of you was irrelevant.

[4;01am]
Just now you realized that San had seriously driven to the airport at 3am to pick you up. He also offered a car ride to your hotel, how kind. Suddenly your mom spoke up "Yeah, by the way.....seems like we've booked a double room only. Where is the third of us gonna stay?". Logic, you were the third one. Dad and Mom would get the double room. Before entering the car San interrupted my parent's discussion "Y/n can stay at mine. That's not a problem at all". Okay, a little too suddenly for your reflexes. It was sure, you'd stay at his. Without any answers or replies that was decided.

[4;17am]
Luckily, their hotel wasn't far from the airport, neither was San's apartment. Five minutes after you had brought your parents home you two arrived at his flat. While exiting the car you looked at the ground "Hey, San. Thanks a lot for picking me up. Despite the fact that it's 4am". A smirk appeared on his lips "No problem. Finally we are together". You had to giggle at this sentence.

As you entered his flat by following the boy your first impression happened to be surprised. The first scenery you could see was a TV surrounded by a simple light string, candles placed around it on the table, fancy decorations and the couch covered in plenty of pillows and fuzzy blanket. It was something you had always dreamt of. You had sent him a picture from the net looking exactly like that, you had put the text "I want that, welp". That's what you could remember. To your surprise San suddenly gave you a backhug, an amazing feeling. "If you thought I've lost interest in you after such a long time, you're completely wrong. I still have feelings for you", San admitted, nuzzling his head into your neck. His warm gaze plus those words relieved you "I still have them as well". He smiled, led you to the couch and immediately brought over two bowls of cereal. "I know you love this food and you must be hungry after such a tiring flight", the boy explained his sight while lighting the candles. He switched off the lights and turned on your favorite movie. As fast as possible and with emphasis he covered you up in a blanket, sat down next to you and gently pulled you closer.

Why was everything so perfect? Because he was the one you had been waiting for.