Real Life.

"You wanna tell me again why?" I tossed it over my shoulder with Chris walking up the steps behind me.

"Hey, I told you earlier, I am sorry." Chris laughed at me after smacking my butt.

I shook my head back at him with a grin.

Two weeks in Paris with Chris.

Two weeks away from it all.

I didn't say I needed it but I really needed it.

Chris was the best thing to walk into my life. 

He smiled at me with care. He laughed at my jokes not making me feel stupid.

Whatever our current situation, he was there.

Paris, France - 2 days ago

Sebastian stood against the door of the restaurant they had picked.

Harlow watched me. "Brooklyn?"

I shook my head back at her, I didn't want to say a thing. I didn't care.

Sebastian cleared his throat as Chris walked into the room, "We will meet you two over at the seats."

Chris sat down next to me watching Sebastian and Harlow walk away, "How much do you hate me?"

"I don't hate you, I hate her. I hate what you two had."

"She holds on to the past Brooklyn."

I looked over at him, "I wanna trust you. I do."

"I am nothing like him."

"I dated him for a while. It will be hard for me to just say I am going to be ok again with a guy."

Chris inched closer to me as his fingers hit mine, "You get scared, I will protect you. I will always protect you."

I breathed back at him as my chest felt lighter, "Right now, what are you thinking?"

"I am thinking I am hungry as hell."

I narrowed my eyes back at him, "Do you want a family?"

"What?"

"If you want me to trust you, tell me you want a future."

Chris placed his hand on my cheek, "I want a future with you."

I nodded my head back at him, "And I want a burger. Can we leave them alone?"

"God, yes." Chris's lips pulled apart revealing his God like smile.

I shook my head as Chris made another remark back at me.

"OH thank heaves you are finally home."

My eyes went up to the older lady coming down the steps, "Hello Ms. Peterson."

"I am happy to see you home."

I looked back at her confused, "What do you mean?"

"I am getting tired of that noise coming from your apartment. I didn't know we are allowed to renovate our places."

"Renovate? What are you talking about?" I turned around as she passed me on the steps.

"Your apartment, you have been renovating the past couple of days. I am happy it is over."

"Ms. Peterson, I have been in Paris all week. And I am not redoing the apartment."

Chris fixed his bag on his shoulder, "Brooklyn..."